• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How valuable is Stan Lee's autograph?

34 posts in this topic

I just do not understand why collectors buy from DF. Buying a signed Stan lee autograph and spend $700.00 FOR A SIGNATURE IN GOLD? WOW! iS THE SIGNATURE MORE VALUABLE IN GOLD OR, MORE APPEALING?

Yes.

It is about the man. Stan is like Micky Mantle to Baseball. He is an iconic to Comics. Count your luck if you get to meet the man. Consider also his age and do you really think he gets all of the money ? Getting his signature is the point, one day his signature on a piece of plain paper will have value. There are many events in life that have no price. How do you price the 1st time you met your wife etc.  Stan Lee is a one of a kind, they print money every day. If you were lucky and actually met him, it would be a unique experience.

Stan is coming out to Australia in 4 weeks time and to get a signature it will set me back $150 AU or roughly $110 US, to be honest thats a lot of money so I'm still deciding, a lot of collectors love signatures and a lot don't so for me it's all about personal choice, I'm a fence sitter, some look fantastic and others look terrible

1 hour ago, American Icons said:

It is about the man. Stan is like Micky Mantle to Baseball. He is an iconic to Comics. Count your luck if you get to meet the man. Consider also his age and do you really think he gets all of the money ? Getting his signature is the point, one day his signature on a piece of plain paper will have value. There are many events in life that have no price. How do you price the 1st time you met your wife etc.  Stan Lee is a one of a kind, they print money every day. If you were lucky and actually met him, it would be a unique experience.

If you think his signature holds alot of value your crazy. People are paying for the experience to meet him, then when they get up there the item gets grabbed Stan signs in less than a second. Your not allowed to ask him any questions. It's the most impersonal line at a show. Alot of the people on the boards here find themselves disappointed after meeting him.

As far as his autograph as of now it is the most common autograph in the world by far. Easily over 300,000 exist and that number could be much higher possibly above a million. So keep that in mind. 10 to 20 bucks is max you just have alot of flippers out there trying to make a profit asking for ridiculous prices.

53 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Why?!   

stanbaseball.jpg

dpool.jpg

StanLeeBatmanComic.jpg

Mom: I got you an autographed comic son

Me: It’s Batman!!!!!

Mom: Yeah Stan Lee created Batman didn’t he? Stan Lee created everything. It even says he is your father in your birth certificate.

Me: Mom!!!! He had nothing to do with Batman. Who is that guy I ha e been calling Dad for 30+ years 

stanbaseball.jpg

@Mercury Man

Autographed baseballs by non baseball players are awesome ! 

presidential and famous signatures on a baseball are very collectable !!

i think its because they are smaller/compact, and they display well ! especially if the signature is well signed and placed on the baseball sweet spot

Edited by 1950's war comics

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

stanbaseball.jpg

@Mercury Man

Autographed baseballs by non baseball players are awesome ! 

presidential and famous signatures on a baseball are very collectable !!

i think its because they are smaller/compact, and they display well ! especially if the signature is well signed and placed on the baseball sweet spot

Sorry, but I wouldn't want a Mickey Mantle Signed Fantastic Four comic, nor would I want a signed baseball by a non-baseball player like Stan Lee.  At least the Presidents (in the past anyway) threw out a first pitch occasionally.  

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/blogs/entry/1370-how-valuable-is-stan-lees-autograph/

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

07 My Journal CGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

08 Search Journals CGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

09 Members Journals CGC.png