How valuable is Stan Lee's autograph?
1 1

31 posts in this topic

shadroch   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 38,874 posts
I just do not understand why collectors buy from DF. Buying a signed Stan lee autograph and spend $700.00 FOR A SIGNATURE IN GOLD? WOW! iS THE SIGNATURE MORE VALUABLE IN GOLD OR, MORE APPEALING?

Yes.

American Icons   
  • 1 post

It is about the man. Stan is like Micky Mantle to Baseball. He is an iconic to Comics. Count your luck if you get to meet the man. Consider also his age and do you really think he gets all of the money ? Getting his signature is the point, one day his signature on a piece of plain paper will have value. There are many events in life that have no price. How do you price the 1st time you met your wife etc.  Stan Lee is a one of a kind, they print money every day. If you were lucky and actually met him, it would be a unique experience.

PunisherPunisherPunisher   
  • 184 posts

Stan is coming out to Australia in 4 weeks time and to get a signature it will set me back $150 AU or roughly $110 US, to be honest thats a lot of money so I'm still deciding, a lot of collectors love signatures and a lot don't so for me it's all about personal choice, I'm a fence sitter, some look fantastic and others look terrible

reddwarf666222   
  • 487 posts
1 hour ago, American Icons said:

It is about the man. Stan is like Micky Mantle to Baseball. He is an iconic to Comics. Count your luck if you get to meet the man. Consider also his age and do you really think he gets all of the money ? Getting his signature is the point, one day his signature on a piece of plain paper will have value. There are many events in life that have no price. How do you price the 1st time you met your wife etc.  Stan Lee is a one of a kind, they print money every day. If you were lucky and actually met him, it would be a unique experience.

If you think his signature holds alot of value your crazy. People are paying for the experience to meet him, then when they get up there the item gets grabbed Stan signs in less than a second. Your not allowed to ask him any questions. It's the most impersonal line at a show. Alot of the people on the boards here find themselves disappointed after meeting him.

As far as his autograph as of now it is the most common autograph in the world by far. Easily over 300,000 exist and that number could be much higher possibly above a million. So keep that in mind. 10 to 20 bucks is max you just have alot of flippers out there trying to make a profit asking for ridiculous prices.

reddwarf666222   
  • 487 posts
53 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Why?!   

stanbaseball.jpg

dpool.jpg

StanLeeBatmanComic.jpg

Mom: I got you an autographed comic son

Me: It’s Batman!!!!!

Mom: Yeah Stan Lee created Batman didn’t he? Stan Lee created everything. It even says he is your father in your birth certificate.

Me: Mom!!!! He had nothing to do with Batman. Who is that guy I ha e been calling Dad for 30+ years 

1950's war comics   
  • 3,875 posts

stanbaseball.jpg

@Mercury Man

Autographed baseballs by non baseball players are awesome ! 

presidential and famous signatures on a baseball are very collectable !!

i think its because they are smaller/compact, and they display well ! especially if the signature is well signed and placed on the baseball sweet spot

Edited by 1950's war comics

1950's war comics   
  • 3,875 posts

I think signed footballs and signed basketballs and many other collectables are waaaay to cumbersome for some to store and display.....hence the popularity of signed baseballs by non baseball athletes and others.....

Mercury Man   
  • 633 posts
2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

stanbaseball.jpg

@Mercury Man

Autographed baseballs by non baseball players are awesome ! 

presidential and famous signatures on a baseball are very collectable !!

i think its because they are smaller/compact, and they display well ! especially if the signature is well signed and placed on the baseball sweet spot

Sorry, but I wouldn't want a Mickey Mantle Signed Fantastic Four comic, nor would I want a signed baseball by a non-baseball player like Stan Lee.  At least the Presidents (in the past anyway) threw out a first pitch occasionally.  

shadroch   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 38,874 posts

Heck, I'd want anything Mickey Mantle signed, or Babe Ruth, or Jerry Garcia or Stan Lee. These guys are icons.