• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1985 John Byrne Alpha Flight page...

15 posts in this topic

I apologize if this type of question is frowned upon but I'm not sure how else to go about it... I'm not a OA collector so I have no idea how to price it.

What would a fair price be for this page?

af25.jpg

I'd say put it up on ebay and let the laws of supply and demand dictate the price and value.

If I had to guess, I'd estimate between $500-750, but I could be wrong. It could command a higher value since John Byrne material from the mid-80's when his art style is more favored by fans, commands greater demand than his later evolved and more recent styles, from what I understand.

Tough to price. On the plus side it's Byrne pencils, 3 nice sized images, from a nice time period. On the negative side, it's a soap opera style page, one character in partial uniform and a no action at all. The largest premiums seem to come on Byrne art inked by Austin, or inking himself on FF work. This is either Wiacek or Kieth Williams based on the credits in the book and by GCD.

Pricing this one is tough but I don't see a huge premium over and above other Byrne art from the time period, but I am sure there will be at least a few people very happy to own it.

Thanks for the help!

The item is now sold... :)

Great Price....perfect price to make it a solid impulse buy.

Congrats!

Thanks for the help!

Congrats!

Its a great page that would have easily sold for $750 in an auction setting. Sorry I missed it. :makepoint:

Really? I've seen some great pages from his Hulk run with Hulk in action go for less.

The last few action pages from AF at auction went between $500 and $600.

Thanks for the help!

Congrats!

Its a great page that would have easily sold for $750 in an auction setting. Sorry I missed it. :makepoint:

Really? I've seen some great pages from his Hulk run with Hulk in action go for less.

Chris, I can't speak to his Hulk stuff...don't collect it, don't follow it, but this AF page is fantastic!

Thanks for the help!

Congrats!

Chris, I can't speak to his Hulk stuff...don't collect it, don't follow it, but this AF page is fantastic!

It's a great character page...I agree. I just didn't think the AF stuff went for a ton unless it had some action or guys in costume.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

I rarely see what's going on in here and it's a good thing too...

I posted here to simply sell my Byrne page and ended up leaving with a Shiverbones Halloweenized cover! :D

Thanks everyone for the comments!

I rarely see what's going on in here and it's a good thing too...

I posted here to simply sell my Byrne page and ended up leaving with a Shiverbones Halloweenized cover! :D

Matt's work is great. He did one for me and I love it. He's incredibly talented.

Congrats!!!