• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

541 posts in this topic

On 3/1/2019 at 6:09 AM, 1950's war comics said:

Hi Silver ... are you sitting on a few issues of Sugar-Spike to send in for grading at some point ... 

i have not picked up any issues in my 1-20 run a couple years either...

I do have a couple of newly slabbed copies to show as well!

I’ve had a bit of a setback with this thread. Photobucket finally kicked the bucket for me and now most of my previous scans are gone. :tonofbricks:

Fear not, project Sugar and Spike continues. I may repost some of the earlier issues later on.

Here is where I’m at right now.

Just got back 3 graded books from CGC, that brings my registry set up to 70 (out of 98 issues).

I have two more just sent in (6 and 7)

That will get me to 72. I have two other raw issues I’m not likely to slab as they are on my *upgrade* list, so in all 74 out of 98.

I have far exceeded what I had hoped to get, thinking maybe half the run in nice shape was do-able. Now I’m prepared to make this my life-long collecting goal, 😂 

Here is the latest batch back from. CGC:

0996E07C-132E-488E-97EA-C39F2F4C1D1D.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Silver said:

I’ve had a bit of a setback with this thread. Photobucket finally kicked the bucket for me and now most of my previous scans are gone. :tonofbricks:

Fear not, project Sugar and Spike continues. I may repost some of the earlier issues later on.

Here is where I’m at right now.

Just got back 3 graded books from CGC, that brings my registry set up to 70 (out of 98 issues).

I have two more just sent in (6 and 7)

That will get me to 72. I have two other raw issues I’m not likely to slab as they are on my *upgrade* list, so in all 74 out of 98.

I have far exceeded what I had hoped to get, thinking maybe half the run in nice shape was do-able. Now I’m prepared to make this my life-long collecting goal, 😂 

Here is the latest batch back from. CGC:

0996E07C-132E-488E-97EA-C39F2F4C1D1D.jpeg

I really, really do need to make another push or two on the title... it's been steady too long.  Don't worry, I'm looking for lower grade copies to read, not slab, so minimal competition.

Eric,

I don’t mind competition at all. In fact, I’m not even number one on the registry any longer. My competitor passed me up two years ago. He and I have actually collaborated on a few purchases!