• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

557 posts in this topic

This deserved a re-post for Halloween. :applause:

Been a drought for most of the year for me, but a board member reached out and offered a couple of issues to me, two more Don and Maggie copies.

Now 54/98 complete:

sas43cgc.jpeg

This deserved a re-post for Halloween. :applause:

Been a drought for most of the year for me, but a board member reached out and offered a couple of issues to me, two more Don and Maggie copies.

Now 54/98 complete:

sas43cgc.jpeg

Really nice. This title has such a great run of covers. Pity for me I only have one issue. Silver has done so well to put together his S&S collection. *sheer jealousy*

On 11/5/2016 at 6:04 AM, steelcity said:

Really nice. This title has such a great run of covers. Pity for me I only have one issue. Silver has done so well to put together his S&S collection. *sheer jealousy*

Looking back on Ian's post made me think of something. The market has almost completely dried up of high grade nice copies of S&S. I haven't bought in in months or really seen any in auctions other than a few issues I already had. I knew this would happened eventually as my Run filled out. Another collector pretty much gobbled up any issues they were for sale or unsold. If I was starting this project today it would be impossible to get the same number of great issues I have now. The Don and Maggie collection was a major boon for me.

Great books, Dan.  And all those who collect Sugar and Spike.

BTW, Dan.  I prefer to keep all my Sugar & Spike comics.  I have a few 10centers including the 5 you were interested in but it's such a HG copy and I know I'll never find another one if I were to sell it.  Unless a collector offers me crazy money, I will hold onto it.  I don't collect comics anymore so I will hold onto what I have even though I never look at them.

SLR