• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

557 posts in this topic

You know,  I'm sad to say that I've been unable to find any Sugar and Spikes in quite a while. In fact none of the major auction houses have had any slabbed issues of any consequence on the sites in a while. And I can't even remember the last time I saw a slab or high-grade issue on eBay

I'm aware of one or two more high-grade copies that a few dealers have in their inventory that would fill in holes in my run, but after that, there's nothing really out there. I'm beginning to feel like once I hit around 60 issues it's going to be a major struggle to gain anymore. 

On the bright side I did just score a super nice Superboy 1 and completed that collection.

Don't despair Silver..

your initial instincts were correct, collect 20-25 high grade issues and call it good, but your completest mindset took over, i am the same way...

This set is too hard and probably just not available to complete in high grade but each and every issue you add from this point on will be memorable and great collections are built over time !!

Edited by 1950's war comics

Silver has hit a temporary road block wall due to the almost impossibility of attaining this complete set in high grade...................

Silver was instrumental in my really taken a liking to this great set myself and fortunately i am OK with lower grade goodness, and even then this set is still quite tough to find

i hope to start a registry set soon... just numbers 1-30, here are some potential submissions

DSCN3562 - Edited.jpg

On 5/29/2017 at 5:38 AM, 1950's war comics said:

Silver has hit a temporary road block wall due to the almost impossibility of attaining this complete set in high grade...................

Silver was instrumental in my really taken a liking to this great set myself and fortunately i am OK with lower grade goodness, and even then this set is still quite tough to find

i hope to start a registry set soon... just numbers 1-30, here are some potential submissions

DSCN3562 - Edited.jpg

That's a pretty amazing photo!

Unless my math if off I am now 56/98 or 57% complete. 

I Need 12 issues to have 38-98...which might be about as good as I can expect, earlier issues are so difficult to find, and there are a coupe of us actively seeking them. Oh well, the journey is the destination!