• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project: Sugar and Spike
4 4

557 posts in this topic

Some Don and Maggie goodness:

sas76cgc.jpg

I was wondering if you snagged any of those off the Heritage Auction. Looks like they went for reasonable prices. I was surprised at the number of copies that were one of one graded. Looks like more are up at this week's auction too. :grin:

I was wondering if you snagged any of those off the Heritage Auction. Looks like they went for reasonable prices. I was surprised at the number of copies that were one of one graded. Looks like more are up at this week's auction too. :grin:

It was a motherload of S&S goodness, wish I could have got them all!

Hey Silver,

Just picked this up today at our local comic show. Not as nice as your 9.4, but probably about an 8.0-8.5. It's really solid, nice and glossy, but has some serious foxing on a few interior pages. One of only three Sugar & Spikes I saw at the whole show. The other two were in pretty bad shape, but this one really stood out. I also kind of like the date stamp.

bzlai1K.jpg

Hey Silver,

Just picked this up today at our local comic show. Not as nice as your 9.4, but probably about an 8.0-8.5. It's really solid, nice and glossy, but has some serious foxing on a few interior pages. One of only three Sugar & Spikes I saw at the whole show. The other two were in pretty bad shape, but this one really stood out. I also kind of like the date stamp.

bzlai1K.jpg

That was one of the first HG issues I bought when I started going after the run. I see the S&S bug has bitten you! lol

Oh, Jaylam, I will stop bugging you about your 73 lol

sas73cgc.jpg

I wondered if you'd go for that one. It does look pretty sweet and seems the grading is rather harsh, (looks nicer than a 9.0 just judging from the front cover anyway). I'm glad you've been able to pick up some of those Don/Maggie books, what a great find!

;)

Those are some pretty sweet books. Looks like Don and Maggie had quite a collection going. These are surely the nicest Sugar and Spikes that have ever hit the market at one time, many of them the only graded copies. I bet you're in cloud 9 over these!

:cloud9: