• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do when you find out a comic has been restored?

24 posts in this topic

Okay, so I bought a Tomb of Dracula #1 from a reputable dealer a few months back and sent it in to be graded. I just got off the phone with CGC and it has been graded 9.0 with slight color restoration. What can I do in this instance? I don't believe it was specifically advertised as "unrestored" but this dealer routinely discloses if it thinks a book has been restored. I'm just kinda bummed: 1. most obvious - not gonna be able to sell that one, and 2. I thought it was more of a 9.2-9.4(but that is very secondary)

So shoudl I ask for my money back from the dealer for the book? I know a lot of times that stuff is really hard to find to detect without the proper equipment, and I don't really think they did not disclose maliciously(heck I didn't see it)...but I have 4 other copies of that book, and since I can't sell it.....I don't need it.

On the good side - my fantastic four 52 is coming back a 9.2!!

Anyone want it?

Hmmm...that's a tough dilemma. If you know the dealer very well, maybe he would give you the money back you paid for the book, less the grading fee. And you give him the book back. Or maybe he'll offer you what you paid for the book in trade. It's worth a shot, I think.

Chris

Who was the reputable dealer? Most of the people on this board have dealt with all of the major dealers at one time or another and if you tell us who it is we may be able to tell you how they would react to the prospect of a return.

Hava a good week,

Ericc123

on that note, you could always give the book a quick trim, slab a little more color touch on it, set yourself up with an ebay idea along the lines of key-comic-books and sell it (in a private auction) as a NM/M 9.8 UNRESTORED GEM.

don't want to say for fear of axes to grind in the forum here. But they are reasonable..

I just feel kinda bad. I mean I know I deserve some kind of compensation or return, but I can understand how they might not want to do that. But I am a pretty good customer......