• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Polybagged Comics

4 posts in this topic

What is the CGC's stance on grading comics still sealed in a polybag? Will the polybag be encapsulated along with the comic? I have a few comics still sealed in a polybag where I prefer the look of the polybag to the actual cover, case in point Superman #75.

Thx

• Administrator

We would need to remove the comic from the polybag in order to assess its condition and grade the book. The book will then be encapsulated and the polybag will be returned along with the encapsulated comic. (in most cases, we try our best) The polybag will not be encapsulated. We ask that you do note that the comics may be removed from the polybag for the purpose of grading on your submission form.

On 8/19/2011 at 3:39 PM, Gemma said:

We would need to remove the comic from the polybag in order to assess its condition and grade the book. The book will then be encapsulated and the polybag will be returned along with the encapsulated comic. (in most cases, we try our best) The polybag will not be encapsulated. We ask that you do note that the comics may be removed from the polybag for the purpose of grading on your submission form.

I see this is an old thread, but I wanted to ask about polybags and this is the best response I've found in the forum search so far. I have several dozen copies of some modern age comics that came polybagged like these Morbius the living vampire #1s. They are all fresh from cases, but they all have creases front, and back from the rear seam on the polybags. Would this be considered a manufacturing defect/error? Assuming that this is the only defect present, how much would that affect the grade? What would be the highest possible grade with such a defect? Tia

20190414_085935-1024x1365.jpg

20190414_085925-1024x1365.jpg

20190414_085701-1024x1365.jpg

20190414_085710-1024x1365.jpg

20190414_085716-1024x1365.jpg

20190414_085904-1024x1365.jpg