• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2012, July 12-15, San Diego, CA

509 posts in this topic

Is the Amazing Spider Man #688 SDCC Variant in both black & white, and in color? I'm not sure if there are 1 or 2 different variants. Could someone please let me know if you have anymore information.

Thanks

-Brad

Only saw color ones, don't think there was a B&W.

Hey gang, just a formal invitation to drop by booth #701 (Corner booth at the front of the 700 aisle) to visit us if you are in San Diego for Comic Con.

As many of you know, our inventory is not very extensive (Louise only gives me a small corner of the house to operate out of :D ) but our niche is similar to that of when I was a collector: high quality and high grade material and tough to find books.

This year, we have an all new inventory that includes about 120 CGC graded books and about 150 ungraded books that cover the GA, SA and BA including keys and classic covers. Almost all the ungraded books are CGC worthy and are just books that I have not gotten around to grading.

Keep an eye out for Lou and I standing under the red banner!

Anyhow, looking forward to the show!

FinalLogoRWBYA1.png

Got the AAMOW #94 from the Vintage booth. Great transaction all around. Thanks, Roy. Keep me in mind for more war books!

Had a good day at the show yesterday with Busted Flush. We took the Amtrak down from LA which is a great way to relax and enjoy the trip while talking comics. The walk over from Santa Fe station is short enough or you could take the trolley.

We spent the entire day in the Silver and Gold Age area with the exception of a trip upstairs for lunch and an hour break and an ill fated attempt by me to get into the Walking Dead comics panel. Boardies were all over and we ran into SteveRams first thing and looked over some cool books he had just bought.

We stopped and had a nice chat with Gator at his booth. Thanks for the Worlds Finest assessment; to your point on rarity I saw three number 10's for sale on the floor.

I consulted with Matt Nelson with respect to a Weird issue I bought some time ago and turned in a Van Buren All Flash for (hopefully) some color touch removal before CGC grading.

We then ran into David Merryweather and RIP who were good fun to hang out and talk comics. RIP had some good stories about his basement find up in Northern California as well as a beautiful Human Torch from that collection. Vintage Comics was kind enough to open up his Marvel Mystery 3 and show off this amazing book to Busted Flush and me. That was quite a site.

Filter81(?) had a sweet run of early Actions; the best at the show. He also had picked up a collection of pedigrees to sell, there were a few nice books in there.

Overall, inventory of good material still seems to be shrinking and prices remain quite high. Most dealers I asked said they were having a good show.

I go back with the family on Saturday but the focus won't be on comics.

First time at the con and didn't know Gator was there, what booth or name is he under ? Wish I knew, would have went by to say hi. Also, anyone know if Mr. Bedrock was there ?

Had a good day at the show yesterday with Busted Flush. We took the Amtrak down from LA which is a great way to relax and enjoy the trip while talking comics. The walk over from Santa Fe station is short enough or you could take the trolley.

We spent the entire day in the Silver and Gold Age area with the exception of a trip upstairs for lunch and an hour break and an ill fated attempt by me to get into the Walking Dead comics panel. Boardies were all over and we ran into SteveRams first thing and looked over some cool books he had just bought.

We stopped and had a nice chat with Gator at his booth. Thanks for the Worlds Finest assessment; to your point on rarity I saw three number 10's for sale on the floor.

I consulted with Matt Nelson with respect to a Weird issue I bought some time ago and turned in a Van Buren All Flash for (hopefully) some color touch removal before CGC grading.

We then ran into David Merryweather and RIP who were good fun to hang out and talk comics. RIP had some good stories about his basement find up in Northern California as well as a beautiful Human Torch from that collection. Vintage Comics was kind enough to open up his Marvel Mystery 3 and show off this amazing book to Busted Flush and me. That was quite a site.

Filter81(?) had a sweet run of early Actions; the best at the show. He also had picked up a collection of pedigrees to sell, there were a few nice books in there.

Overall, inventory of good material still seems to be shrinking and prices remain quite high. Most dealers I asked said they were having a good show.

I go back with the family on Saturday but the focus won't be on comics.

First time at the con and didn't know Gator was there, what booth or name is he under ? Wish I knew, would have went by to say hi. Also, anyone know if Mr. Bedrock was there ?

gator is new force comics. Bedrock was sharing a booth with him. They were in their normal spot behind Harley Yee and across from Jamie Graham with Bob Storms on their left

Wow had no idea that I was talking and buying stuff from board members.... :(

Should have paid more attention to the board, well it was nice meeting you all and thanks foir the great deals and really appreciated your kindness

Hey gang, just a formal invitation to drop by booth #701 (Corner booth at the front of the 700 aisle) to visit us if you are in San Diego for Comic Con.

As many of you know, our inventory is not very extensive (Louise only gives me a small corner of the house to operate out of :D ) but our niche is similar to that of when I was a collector: high quality and high grade material and tough to find books.

This year, we have an all new inventory that includes about 120 CGC graded books and about 150 ungraded books that cover the GA, SA and BA including keys and classic covers. Almost all the ungraded books are CGC worthy and are just books that I have not gotten around to grading.

Keep an eye out for Lou and I standing under the red banner!

Anyhow, looking forward to the show!

FinalLogoRWBYA1.png

Got the AAMOW #94 from the Vintage booth. Great transaction all around. Thanks, Roy. Keep me in mind for more war books!

You got it!

Thanks for the insight into how Russ Heath did the cover!