• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2012, July 12-15, San Diego, CA

509 posts in this topic

I think the reall pressure is going to be the way the new process is going to screw over the sellers at the convention.

The previous process was easy and well-organized, but open to anyone planning ahead. The new process was confusing and limited the ticket buyers to those willing to camp out (although it sounds like many of you may have worked out an alternative). This will ensure that the fans who are passionate about Twilight, TV shows, or make their money on exclusives and are used to camping out anyway will have tickets. However, those with the big bank rolls in their $500+ a night rooms seem much less likely to be joining the Occupy ComicCon group on the sidewalks in hopes of landing a ticket to the next convention.

If those with the money to support the sellers get locked out, it could do a lot of damage to the vendors, especially in the comic book sales.

At this point, I don't know what can be done to resolve that concern. We left at 4 in the morning to get tickets during the convention and found we were too late to get a spot in line that would ensure getting tickets. We are now hopeful that we will be able to get tickets when they go on sale to the public online.

At this point, I don't know what can be done to resolve that concern. We left at 4 in the morning to get tickets during the convention and found we were too late to get a spot in line that would ensure getting tickets. We are now hopeful that we will be able to get tickets when they go on sale to the public online.

dude, that sucks. the lines were brutal. the campers are ruining it. last year for the first time i saw folks camping for ballroom 20. I think there's a new generation of fans that just love waiting in line and make it a sport.

just hope i can get tix this year for 2013 . . .

SDCC process for TIX sucks. How do they expect you to get TIX if U have a little one. Perhaps I'll luck out and get our TIX this year. I'm not holding my breath. The server will crash when everyone will have access to register. SDCC system for TIX is pathetic. They should have left it alone

First 30 guests announced:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_guests.php

Mostly the usual suspects. Highlights:

* Bill Amend (Foxtrot) -- I would guess trying to build on the popularity of Berkely Breathed the last couple of years. If they ever get Bill Watterson or Gary Larson, then I'll be really excited.

* Klaus Janson

* George Perez -- do I have *any* hope of getting a commission? This will probably be the big get I go after. He was at the first con I attended when I got back into comics and I didn't fully appreciate the rarity of it.