• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2012, July 12-15, San Diego, CA

509 posts in this topic

I am reluctantly going again

Why reluctantly?

Richard sold more than he did.

Easy to do when Bunky buys your whole booth!

the expense....we sold fine, just lost money and that is tough to commit to doing...

Well I just had a bit of good news. The wife is good with me attempting to attend this year's convention provided I can snag tickets whenever they go on sale. I kind of half suspected they'd be on sale by now. Any one have any guess on to when this is going to happen?

It should be coming soon. Late feb or early march.

For some reason I thought it was sold out already, but then I don't remember a lot of public hand wringing about this year, so they couldn't have gone on sale yet.

about once every couple of months, I panic and look for my email with my ticket -- then I calm down again.

I hope to get tickets through the website, but I know it'll be a zoo. Thinking ahead in case that doesn't happen, have people ever bought an extra ticket a dealer might have?

As a dealer, how many tickets can you buy, and in people's experiences do dealers ever have any extra?

Thanks

I hope to get tickets through the website, but I know it'll be a zoo. Thinking ahead in case that doesn't happen, have people ever bought an extra ticket a dealer might have?

As a dealer, how many tickets can you buy, and in people's experiences do dealers ever have any extra?

Thanks

If you know someone with a Pro badge, they often get a guest or more on it. I got in one year that way as the guest of a Pro. Totally bailed me out when I decided to try and go at the last minute.

Well the good news is that my wife and I will make it out there again this year. A hotel snafu had me canceling but we got squared away and I am back in for at least one more year

I've got my hotel booked (Marriott), got a killer booth location (#701, front of the 700 aisle across from Anthony, Phil and Allen between entrances A and B) and am stocking up on inventory for the show.

Ready for this one, this year.

:banana:

I've got my hotel booked (Marriott), got a killer booth location (#701, front of the 700 aisle across from Anthony, Phil and Allen between entrances A and B) and am stocking up on inventory for the show.

Ready for this one, this year.

:banana:

Wow. How'd you get that hotel already? I couldn't find anything near the con yet. Booked a standby at the double tree on hotel circle but hoping to get something closer via travel planners later.