• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 Old Label 2.5 Slightly Brittle Pages... upgrade chances

183 posts in this topic

My personal opinion.

1: The seller should have disclosed the slightly brittle pages clearly in his description. He included a very low resolution, slightly blurry photo of the label where you can barely make out the 'Slightly Brittle.' To me this is the equivalent of putting a disclaimer in fine print, knowing many buyers out there don't do their due diligence.

2: The buyer should have made sure he did read the "fine print" if he's going to spend $2000 on a book. In other words OP you should have made it a point to find out the quality of the pages before you bought it. You should have clicked on the label and read everything, and PM'd the seller with any questions. Personally I would have contacted the seller and asked him to scan a picture of the label so it can be read clearly. I would have also got the serial number and called CGC to get their notes.

I'm on the fence with returning it so I'm not going to slam you for that as others have. But negging him when he's offering your money back is a complete di ck move in this case. DON'T DO IT. 2c

+1

Update: The seller has now relisted the book, adding $50 to the BIN price and clearly noting the slightly brittle pages.

Amazing Spider-man #1 CGC 2.5 Slightly brittle BIN $2050

This seller, with 100% positive feedback, seems to genuinely be interested in full disclosure and in doing the right thing. If in the future the OP takes care to fully research an item prior to purchasing, and ask questions when necessary, then it seems everybody will have learned something from this experience.

I think you should take your refund and post a want to buy (WTB) thread on these boards, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here and at a decent price, I've seen members post these at decent prices and not sell, be patient and one is bound to pop up here again.

Congrats and getting your refund and happy hunting.

I'm not so sure anyone here would be anxious to do business with this toolbox after reading this thread. This guy turned buyer's remorse into the seller's problem, AND is going to neg the seller who has apparently done everything to make this PITA buyer happy. I wouldn't want to sell to him.

I looked at the listing and the label and PQ were easily readable. The buyer could see what he was getting and there is no legitimate reason for the buyer ask for a "return" in this case, and the only reason a seller would agree to one would be to cut his losses and deal with someone reasonable. If a buyer did this to me, based on what I saw in the listing and read here, I would be ultra pissed.

My personal opinion.

1: The seller should have disclosed the slightly brittle pages clearly in his description.

He did. He took a separate picture of the label close up, and the notation "slightly brittle" is clearly visible and easily read.

He included a very low resolution, slightly blurry photo of the label where you can barely make out the 'Slightly Brittle.'

You need glasses.

To me this is the equivalent of putting a disclaimer in fine print, knowing many buyers out there don't do their due diligence.

Yeah, next you'll say the seller is shady because he didn't call CGC for the grading notes and include them in the auction description :doh:

My personal opinion.

1: The seller should have disclosed the slightly brittle pages clearly in his description.

He did. He took a separate picture of the label close up, and the notation "slightly brittle" is clearly visible and easily read.

He included a very low resolution, slightly blurry photo of the label where you can barely make out the 'Slightly Brittle.'

You need glasses.

To me this is the equivalent of putting a disclaimer in fine print, knowing many buyers out there don't do their due diligence.

Yeah, next you'll say the seller is shady because he didn't call CGC for the grading notes and include them in the auction description :doh:

You say "He did." No, he did not disclose slightly brittle pages clearly in his description. A picture is NOT disclosing it in the description. The "description" is the part where Ebay states: "Describe the item you're selling"

To me the picture was low resolution (meaning small) and slightly blurry. I must be full of awesome because I need glasses and I still manage to shoot expert every time at the range.

I wouldn't go as far as shady, but my impression was that the seller didn't want to go out of his way to highlight the slightly brittle pages. Now that he relisted the comic with "slightly brittle" pages in the title perhaps I was wrong, or perhaps he didn't want to be hassled with another possible return.

I'm not sure what you're so worked up about ticket stub? (shrug)

Was this your listing? If not, what the hell do you care so much???

Now that he isn't buying it, I don't need to be nice and can say what I think about that book. GARBAGE!!! If you are buying a SA Marvel book with SB pages, you better be getting a HUGE discount or need your head examined. People can say whatever they want about PQ but no one, NO ONE is buying a SA common Marvel book with SB pages at anywhere near GPA much less above it. That's a fact. People say how c/ow pages don't bother them yet I see SA c/ow marvels at a good amount below GPA sit in the for sale section and not get sold while the same books with good PQ get snapped up.

That book was an absolute ripoff at 2k, flat out rip off. $1500 tops is what that book should sell for IMO. Should the buyer have done better research or asked questions before hitting the bin? Absolutely! Should he have to eat $500 bucks for his mistake? No, IMO.

The seller agreed to take the return so everyone can move on.

My personal opinion.

You need glasses.

You say "He did." No, he did not disclose slightly brittle pages clearly in his description. A picture is NOT disclosing it in the description. The "description" is the part where Ebay states: "Describe the item you're selling"

A picture, especially a separate one that is a close-up, is disclosure enough for vigilant buyers.

To me the picture was low resolution (meaning small) and slightly blurry.

You know you can hit the "enlarge" button, right?

I must be full of awesome because I need glasses and I still manage to shoot expert every time at the range.

You're full of something, but it ain't awesome.

I wouldn't go as far as shady, but my impression was that the seller didn't want to go out of his way to highlight the slightly brittle pages. Now that he relisted the comic with "slightly brittle" pages in the title perhaps I was wrong, or perhaps he didn't want to be hassled with another possible return.

Yup.

I'm not sure what you're so worked up about ticket stub? (shrug)

Was this your listing? If not, what the hell do you care so much???

This isn't worked up, and no it's not my listing. The buyer is just being a doosh, and so gets the appropriate response tone.

Now that he isn't buying it, I don't need to be nice and can say what I think about that book. GARBAGE!!! If you are buying a SA Marvel book with SB pages, you better be getting a HUGE discount or need your head examined. People can say whatever they want about PQ but no one, NO ONE is buying a SA common Marvel book with SB pages at anywhere near GPA much less above it. That's a fact. People say how c/ow pages don't bother them yet I see SA c/ow marvels at a good amount below GPA sit in the for sale section and not get sold while the same books with good PQ get snapped up.

That book was an absolute ripoff at 2k, flat out rip off. $1500 tops is what that book should sell for IMO.

I'm not sure what you're so worked up about sufunk? (shrug)

Did you accidentally buy this book? If not, what the hell do you care so much??? (oh, right - PQ snob)

Ok OP can't get negged by the seller so OP has no reason to neg seller. Seller should open up a case that he was not paid for the item so he gets his fees back and once case closes buyer can't leave feedback and honestly shouldn't be allowed to leave any feedback.

OP what is your ebay username so we can block you? Next time ask questions before hitting the BIN button.

You clearly read the labels in the pictures just fine since you asked about what was written on them and then want to back out of a deal so to try and place any blame on the seller is pure BS. Yes the seller is dumb to not also disclose that in the description so tools like yourself can't try and weasel out of a deal but again you clearly could read what was on the label.

Really though what is your eBay username so you are blocked by me?

Yeah, I am a PQ snob, no question whatsoever. If we were talking a cow book, there might be room for debate. A slightly brittle book? No debate whatsoever. NOBODY pays GPA much less over GPA for a common SA marvel book with slightly brittle pages unless they like paying WAY too much for books.

That book isnt worth even close to $2,000. End of story (thumbs u

You're such a stickler for the rules. Tell me then, what was your previous I'd on here that got banned because I don't believe for a second that youre a 1st time brand new member hm

Yeah, I am a PQ snob, no question whatsoever. If we were talking a cow book, there might be room for debate. A slightly brittle book? No debate whatsoever. NOBODY pays GPA much less over GPA for a common SA marvel book with slightly brittle pages unless they like paying WAY too much for books.

You're such a stickler for the rules. Tell me then, what was your previous I'd on here that got banned because I don't believe for a second that youre a 1st time brand new member hm

I wouldn't say common considering the demand for spiderman, asm 1 will always be a wanted book. Even with the PQ I would consider 1600+ only because it presents very well for a 2.5

I wouldn't say common considering the demand for spiderman, asm 1 will always be a wanted book. Even with the PQ I would consider 1600+ only because it presents very well for a 2.5

Well, it may not be a Hulk 181 but pretty much every single auction has 2-3 low-mid grade ASM 1's. It's not a hard book to find that you have to grab a slightly brittle copy. Heck, I think there are 4 in this clink auction.

$1600? Maybe although I think that's still more than it's worth looking at GPA. Personally, PQ aside I don't think it presents that great. The corners, especially the bottom left are pretty bad. Someone earlier in the thread said it looked like a 4.0??? To me, that book looks very 2.5ish. Regardless, I don't think there is any question that you could pretty easily find a better copy for $2,000.

Is backing out a douchy move? Sure, but he asked and the seller agreed apparently (shrug)

I'm stupid :insane:

But you're a good guy, I have no desire to annoy you. My point about the auction has been made.

I'm stupid :insane:

But you're a good guy, I have no desire to annoy you. My point about the auction has been made.

Hey, like I said in the last post, apparently he asked to back out and the seller agreed. Is that kind of a douchy move? Yes but 2k is a heck of a lot of money. If you're spending that on a comic, you should be happy with it which I don't think he would have been with this book. If he had pulled some shady scheme to get out of it, that would be a different story but like I said, apparently the seller agreed to back out of the sale so I don't get the outrage (shrug)