• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap 61

12 posts in this topic

Nice flat, glossy cover. Herr Skull also! These Timelys are become market rare (because of collector hoarding) that I wouldn't get hung up on whether it's a 3.0 or 3.5 or 4.0. Not many copies of these bad boys around. The real question is whether it's restored (judging from the scans it doesn't appear to be). So I would get it graded to rule out restoration. If you get a blue label, light a cigar!

Thanks for the input. I bought the book from Metropolis, so I am 99.9% sure there is no restoration.

It appears to be a 3.5 to me, but I have seen where golden age books get a stay of leniency when compared to a silver age book of same quality.

Basically I was hoping it may get a 4.0 from CGC.

I did not buy to flip or even as an investment. I have been buying golden age caps to read them, but I want to get them all slabbed after reading so if something were to happen to me, my wife would have an easier time selling them.

Thanks for the input. I bought the book from Metropolis, so I am 99.9% sure there is no restoration.
Does not compute.

Metropolis does restoration checks. They said there was. None, so I. Am 99.9% sure there is none, unless they missed it and my untrained eye did also.

Does not compute.

Metropolis does restoration checks. They said there was. None, so I. Am 99.9% sure there is none, unless they missed it and my untrained eye did also.

Sent from my mobile phone. It writes what it wants to write.

Meant to say,

"They said there was none. So I am 99.9% sure there is none."