• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I get a good deal on my X-Men #11???

31 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32747&item=2150465128&rd=1

I know that supposedly X-Men #11 is the hardest issue of that run to get in high grade. If you check the census it is hardly graded compared to the issues before it and after it. The thing is there are 2 9.6s and 6 9.4s which isn't too bad compared to the rest of the early X-Men graded and my copy is the only 9.0 graded. Which would lead me to think it was worth more than I paid for it because it is like the only affordable graded copy. This comic had a buy it now of $759 and when I saw that sullypython and the like were bidding against me I considered it but instead won it for $429 did I miss something? Did I way over pay or get a good deal?

Have a merry christmas,

Ericc123

I haven't the slightest clue what an X-men 11 is supposed to go for..but at least you know that you got a SOLID book..since it's a Curator book. Of the few Curator books I've seen, they've been some of the nicest books I've seen..nice gloss, great colors, no tanning or page discoloration..I'd take a Curator any day over your non-Curator same grade..and pay a bit more for it smile.gif

Brian

Here's some stats for you:

X-MEN #11 CGC 9.6

$5,655.00 JUN-27-02

X-MEN #11 CGC 9.4

$1,588.00 JUL-14-02

These are the only records I have of X Men #11's. These prices indicate that a 9.2 would fall between $750-$900. That coupled with the fact that it's a curator(superior Silver pedigree) tells me you got a good price.

You're not missing anything. This time of year, not many people are buying, especially 2 days b4 Christmas. Also, wallets are still reeling from the recent Heritage auction, and this effect will probably last until FEB/MARCH.

I considered bidding, but I just bought his ASM #42 CGC 9.6 a couple of days ago.

Bottom line: It was a good buy.

Yeah, but not too much in the way of content. I don't think I saw anything that would cause a stirring blush.gif

You can discern structure from the Heritage scans? You know nothing about structure. Stricture, yes! Constriction of the blood vessels to your brain, but certainly nothing about comic structure!

Just having fun, nothing wrong with that! Murph, my personal prag, himself said so. College Hijinks is GREAT!!!!! BwaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why that's not true at all my little hot-under-the-collar, but frozen dead in the crotch of the pants jalapeno prag! I'm contributing Murph approved College Hi-jinks a la the three stooges (you're the fourth). Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Tell us professor, with what issue numbers in which titles did Timely and DC change from 64 page to 52 page format? You want a Cap 1, eh Pepper? What is the actual number (the publisher's number) of the Captain America you crave with Cap punching out Hitler on the cover? Dazzle me with your brillance since you can't baffle me with your 4000+ posts of BS, my praggie. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Murph, Do you know the answers to either of the above relatively easy Timely/Captain America #1 questions? As you are the leading poster on the Boards, I'm just naturally curious about your expertise and they happen to be good, valid questions befitting a comic forum.

The above two posts were mine. Couldn't log in because I was in the "hole".

I am confused. MudBuddHHHHHa stated in another thread that you (Murph) liked Cap #1 so much, and had such unlimited financial resources, enough to possibly make even Bill Gates self-conscious, that you were going to make a serious run at the Mile High Cap 1 until you found out that it was restored. Your bio clearly states that your most wanted collectible is a Cap#1, yet up above in this thread you state,

"I had NO idea that I craved the Cap where he's punching out Hitler", a statement one would expect from someone that has never even seen a Cap1 let alone know the publisher's # for the issue that's indicated in the indicae of the comic.

Any comment?

Still trying to agitate me, eh? The term crave means that I desperately want it, which isn't true. I think it'd be nice to own, but I'm not actively looking for it. Yes it'd be nice to own, no I don't crave it. Stop trying to instigate just b/c you can't handle people saying what they want..and then others telling you they don't care if they do or not. As far as seeing one personal? Sorry, we don't have that stuff in Iowa. I know what the cover looks like and the back cover, that is it.

Btw, you obviously don't know me as I've never stated anything regarding any financial position of mine, other then I own a few houses and have a nice car. Anything conclusion you make from that is your own insinuation. If you want to keep posting flame bait go ahead, I already have no respect for you after you made ethnic remarks regarding my heritage and used a couple racial terms for another board member. If you'd like to continue to obsess about me, I do accept private messages.

Brian

If you'd like to continue to obsess about me, I do accept private messages.

Dude, Murph... I've got a bunch of PMs from Meth... I mean, "Hammer". When you get all your threats and scandalous vituperations and obscene, unintelligible, utterly profane rantings, you should send them to me. Then I could send mine to you and we could make a "Greatest Misses" Meth--er, "Hammer" collection! ooo.gif

I didn't think that it would be offensive for me to ask you a simple comic question. Which is all it was. I thought it interesting that YOU had a strong liking for the book, much as I do (I collect Timelys and have full runs of MC/MM, DM, Mystic, Cap, Torch and Subby). I didn't mean anything nefarious by asking, as you propose. I wasn't SHARPSHOOTING your Golden Age knowledge, most EXPERTS don't even know that Captain America "#1" indicae actually states,

Captain America Volume 2, Number 1.

and thinking that you must REALLY be seriously "into" the book to decide making a strong bidding attempt at winning the M.H. copy, I thought that I'd be able to share something that if you didn't already know, you may find extremely interesting about historical idiosynchrosis on Timelys. I have my own theories on why Cap 1 is numbered in that manner, as well as Human Torch (no number) 1 reading #2 in it's indicae and both books relationship to Red Raven 1 (a "one-shot").

I don't obsess about you. Believe me, it's FUN being me. Wouldn't change a thing or trade places with ANYONE, and I did it all myself, from NOTHING. Very humble beginnings. I enjoy my lot in life without regrets. You know that old poster about "Fear no evil because I'm the baddest SOB in the Valley".

That aside, I thought that I might communicate with you on this level of common interest, that we both shared, since all else failed. Unfortunately, this attempt did as well.

Well unfortunately you have a way of creating posts that seem agressive in nature (or a loaded question) rather then seeming to attempt to just have a regular conversation about a book. I have never seen the book in person, only from scans. I was thinking about bidding on the MH one but passed once I found it was restored (it would've taken a sale of a house in order to buy it anyways, and I wasn't sure I wanted to do that). I haven't actually actively pursued the book since then as I've found that most of the people who own a decent copy want an arm and a leg in exchange for the book as they'd rather keep it then sell.

Brian

Cap1 is NOT a book that suffers from being too scarce and impossible to acquire. Most legitimate pedigrees of predominantly high quality comics had a Cap 1 included in the collection. Allentown, Denver, MH, Cosmic Airplane, Larson, etc. Mark Wilson had a beautiful Cap1 CGC graded that looked to be a very high end 8.0 with blazing colors, and he had it tagged under $50K right before liquidating World's Finest and initiating PGC_Mint. You might ask him if he has any leads on a nice Cap 1 if not the same one. I'd bet that Mark would probably know the whereabouts of a dozen Cap1s, possibly the right one for you. He can be readily reached at Dizneyart@aol.com and dealing with him is a stress-free enjoyable experience.