• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic scammer Ed Heaton strikes again

28 posts in this topic

Many of you might recall the restored Flash 123 fiasco experienced by boardie passion4comics at the hands of well known comic scammer Ed Heaton (aka 54desoto on eBay) .

The saga continues...

Dennis (the shadow knows) has a couple walk into his shop wanting to sell him some comic books. Long story short, the couple bought some books from Ed Heaton for four-hundred fifty dollars, including the restored Flash 123. The restoration was never disclosed.

Nice job, Ed, you tool.

"DC is ending all its titles this month. Starting all over again means these "old D.C." JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA will sky in value."

Gotta laugh at that claim :lol:

gosh, every time a thread about Ed comes up, it angers me...not at the OP but at the thought that I was scammed for so many Silver Age books I bought from that guy back in the days when I lived in Oregon from 1992 to 2000. :tonofbricks:

trimmed books, CT, page missing, etc....named it, I got them all from him.

gosh, every time a thread about Ed comes up, it angers me...not at the OP but at the thought that I was scammed for so many Silver Age books I bought from that guy back in the days when I lived in Oregon from 1992 to 2000. :tonofbricks:

I hope there is a special place in Hell for people like him!

Many of you might recall the restored Flash 123 fiasco experienced by boardie passion4comics at the hands of well known comic scammer Ed Heaton (aka 54desoto on eBay) .

The saga continues...

Dennis (the shadow knows) has a couple walk into his shop wanting to sell him some comic books. Long story short, the couple bought some books from Ed Heaton for four-hundred fifty dollars, including the restored Flash 123. The restoration was never disclosed.

Nice job, Ed, you tool.

This couple thought they had hit the jackpot."A 9.4 sold on Heritage for 14k.We want to get this graded and put some money into savings for our child"Sad.Ripping off the newbes

It likely doesn't help, but Ed got me too when I was returning to the hobby after a very long absence. He refused to refund my money and dodged me or gave me every song and dance excuse. I feel your rage :mad:

Ed is the kind of bottom feeding, fly on piece of human debris who will rip off anyone he can. Ed hassled some old lady, and I mean old, for weeks on end when he found out she had a small box full of GA Caps.

Luckily for the old lady, her grandson was a collector and took care of her. In spite of being told numerous times she would not sell the books, Ed persisted with harassing the woman trying desperately to pressure her into selling to him.

If a Google search image can best describe Ed, I feel it'd be this...

05d6a_scumbag_steve_10.jpg

Luckily for the old lady, her grandson was a collector and took care of her. In spite of being told numerous times she would not sell the books, Ed persisted with harassing the woman trying desperately to pressure her into selling to him.

Wow that right there deserves him = getting the living mess beat out of him imo! lucky that is not my grandma or me & him would be having words

Wow that right there deserves him = getting the living mess beat out of him imo! lucky that is not my grandma or me & him would be having words

I wouldn't even have words with him; in fact, I'd be serving him lunch...in the form of 2 knuckle sandwiches... :devil:

It likely doesn't help, but Ed got me too when I was returning to the hobby after a very long absence. He refused to refund my money and dodged me or gave me every song and dance excuse. I feel your rage :mad:

Ed is the kind of bottom feeding, fly on piece of human debris who will rip off anyone he can. Ed hassled some old lady, and I mean old, for weeks on end when he found out she had a small box full of GA Caps.

I have some friends who.... y'know.... take care of people like that. Want me to give em his name :popcorn:

I'd love for that to happen. However, I cannot engage in such dealings. I'd knocked his toothpick in the dirt were he not an older guy. I'm afraid if I hit him with one sloppy right I'd probably cave his face in. I don't beat on old men, and this guy deserves a righteous kicking.

I tried employing greggy to come handle it, but so far he has not followed through. :kidaround:

I have a little surprise for Ed at the next Portland show. :whistle: Don't worry, nothing illegal or evil...just something that I will post video of when it happens.

I have a little surprise for Ed at the next Portland show. :whistle: Don't worry, nothing illegal or evil...just something that I will post video of when it happens.

How does he get to setup at shows with such a shady reputation? Is he respected amongst other NW dealers?

How does he get to setup at shows with such a shady reputation? Is he respected amongst other NW dealers?

It's all about the money, honey. Do they actually bar dealers at any shows? A better question is why most of these shows charge such outrageous table fees? Answered by my first line :lol:

He has been setting up at the Portland comic show forever from what I can gather. He'd never set up at a nother show again if I had my way. And he sits right next to the guy who writes for the Oregonian/Oregonlive.com about comics at the show each year. I wonder if that guy knows all about Ed's dubious past transactions and scams? hm

Ed is nothing short of a thief.

I'd love for that to happen. However, I cannot engage in such dealings. I'd knocked his toothpick in the dirt were he not an older guy. I'm afraid if I hit him with one sloppy right I'd probably cave his face in. I don't beat on old men, and this guy deserves a righteous kicking.

I tried employing greggy to come handle it, but so far he has not followed through. :kidaround:

Is it a flaming bag of dog .... lol

Would definitely love to see it...if you can, please...make it so... :wishluck:

I don't know how old this scumbag is...but he's a grown man (or should be). Surely he must know, that if he continues to play the deceitful games that he plays according to this hobby, that there will be negative ramifications toward him by justice, financial or physical, from someone/somebody...

"You reap what you sow..."

If a Google search image can best describe Ed, I feel it'd be this...

05d6a_scumbag_steve_10.jpg

People are so freaking unreal..

This Ed guy needs some explaining to..

People who aggresively go after collections from vunerable people like that really spoon me off..

A friend of mine left his wife an Action #1 as a legacy..she was not a collector..he had had a friend hold it until after his estate had been settled because he didn't want vultures stealing everything and leaving his wife with nothing. I have never forgiven the *spoon* who agressively tried to buy the book from her for a song when she came to a forum to ask for advice on what to do with it. She didn't know about comics but knew it was valuable..the *spoon* guy emailed/pmed and found her number and called her hounding her about it...She ran from the boards but eventually She brokered a sale and got (I gather) good monies for it..but the SOB scared her away from the forum and I would've liked to keep in touch..they were both good friends of mine (her and her husband RIP)

I still haven't forgiven you..mr. aggressive if you are reading(and he does post here) this you know I still think you are a :censored:

Stefanie was my friend and I have not seen her since...

So this Ed guy sounds like he is the entire spooning package..non disclosure ..trimming etc...persuing collections being an azz..wait does he shill bid too? he and my unfriend could be buddies!

lol

I am on it tonight..