• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Memoriam: 9/11 Comic Book Covers, September 9, 2001, 10th Anniversary Tribute

63 posts in this topic

[font:Arial Black]THE DOCS[/font]

0_672d9_52f7cbfe_XL.jpg

Navy Doc and Combat Psychologist Write Graphic Novel For Corpsmen

http://homepost.kpbs.org/2010/10/navy-doc-and-combat-psychologist-write-graphic-novel-for-corpsmen/

October 25, 2010, Jamie Reno, San Diego, Veterans, War, Afghanistan, Combat, Iraq, MASH, Navy

Pentagon+Pigman.png

The above image commemorates

the Pentagon victims on 9-11-01.

6+pgs+for+ProP.png

THE+INFIDEL+cover.png

My Essays on Islam, Jihad, Mohammed & Muslims:

A World Where the Bad Guy Won

Moderate Makeover

Muslims vs Jihad?

American Islam?

Muslim Roulette

Islam vs Peace

Calling Islam "Islam"

Killian Duke & Salaam Duka

the twins at the center of my graphic novel,

The Infidel, featuring Pigman.

Order%2BNOW%2Bad.png

“If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” -George Orwell

"Muslims are the first victims of Islam.......To liberate the Muslim from his religion is the best service that one can render him."-Ernest Renan

"No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill on Islam

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -Thomas Paine

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”–Albert Einstein

'Bad ideas must be fought at their origins - and at every moment thereafter.' -Heather McDonald

'The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas.' -H.G. Wells

‘To fear to face an issue is to believe that the worst is true.’

- Ayn Rand

Bosch Fawstin - United States - Cartoonist whose debut graphic novel, TABLE FOR ONE, received the praise of Alex Toth, along with an Eisner Award nomination. My blog is dedicated to my graphic novel, THE INFIDEL, a story about twin brothers whose Muslim background comes to the forefront of their lives on 9/11. One responds by creating a counter-jihad superhero comic book called PIGMAN, as the other surrenders to Islam. Pigman's battle against his archenemy SuperJihad is echoed by the escalating conflict between the twins. Chapter One of The Infidel is now available as a digital comic book.

Did you guys see the comic coming out next week I believe from Image titled "Big Lie"? An apparent 9-11 storyline where someone travels back in time to save their husband or something???

http://www.imagecomics.com/comics/4202/Big-Lie-One-Shot-

Is it just me or is just still too early for stuff like this?

A lab tech travels back in time on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001 to try and get her husband out of the world trade center before it falls, but will the facts convince him before it's too late? A riveting tale of 9/11 by award winning master storyteller RICK VEITCH that exposes 'The Big Lie!'

lunapic_131315421055193_13-e1313179457841.jpg

Story RICK VEITCH, Art RICK VEITCH & GARY ERSKINE, Cover THOMAS YEATES

Price:$3.99, Diamond ID:JUL110449, On Sale:September 07, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think it is ever too early for something like this.

I don't consider myself a "9/11 Truther" because they tend to be viewed as a little crazy. That being said, I firmly believe there are holes in the official version of events. I want to know why any testimony contrary to the official version is omitted from the 9/11 Commission Report. I want to know how it is possible that no part of so many people in NYC was found but all of the hijackers' passports and papers were found intact.

I firmly believe that there is more to the story than we have been told. At the same time, I'm not saying that our government had a hand in it. I just think there is more than the story we've got right now. There are many coincidences and odd happenings that I want to know more about that the 9/11 Commission completely ignored. I'm not saying there is evil afoot, I'm saying more of this deserves a closer look. It might very well be nothing. It might very well all be connected. Without more information, we can't make a determination either way.

I'll step off my soapbox and return to the subject at hand.

I don't think it's too early. I'm not a big fan of Veitch's writing, but he has some great concepts. I think it's just like any other semi-historical fiction like going back to sit on the grassy knoll, getting Hitler into art school, or standing on the bow of the Titanic to warn the crew earlier, it's interesting, but not really groundbreaking.

I did buy a copy and am anxious to read it as soon as time allows.

No matter how many times I see the as-it-happened 9/11 footage on TV (which happens to be on right now) I always hope somehow for a different outcome :(

Some "official" things didn't sound quite right to me from the very beginning (not to mention some gut feelings) but it took some time for enough of the shock and sadness to go away before I could bring myself to even look at the events with scrutiny. I think if anyone raised these possibilities to me in the beginning I would have been angry with them. Now I read as much as I can and I still have no idea what to believe. It gets sad and fustrating.