• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signatures on Blue Label comics.

3 posts in this topic

From time to time I run across comics with signatures that are slabbed in blue (Universal) labels.

I'm wondering if that's due to an option for a technical numeric downgrade for someone who wants to avoid a Qualified, green label.

If so, how much of a downgrade is typical for a prominent black marker sig on the cover?

• Administrator

If the book has a signature on the front and is of a low grade it will receive a Blue, Universal label and the signature will affect the grade of the book (depending on the size, how much it disrupts the cover etc.). If the signature is on the interior of the book only, then it will receive a Blue Universal label regardless of grade and the signature will affect the grade of the book (less than if it were on the cover, however).

I'll tag my question here if it's ok as it is similar of nature-

I have recently purchased Bedlam Forbidden Planet #1 and Bedlam (regular) #1 that came pre-signed from FP - I take it there is absolutely no way of getting this SS slabbed without getting a second CGC witnessed signature on the covers?

How much would these books (which are all 9.6-9.8) be downgraded if I wanted to keep a blue label?

Thanks