• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price list for Playboy
1 1

38 posts in this topic

I’m new to the collection game. I recently got a 1993 August playboy in poor shape. 

1) is it as rare as some articles online suggest? 

2) Does a restored magazine hold the same value? 

3) the cover has a tear, is it’s value now gone ? 

Pamela is on the front, a childhood crush !! 

Thank you for your help. 

17 hours ago, Pookie1million said:

I’m new to the collection game. I recently got a 1993 August playboy in poor shape. 

Thank you for your help. 

I think it needs to be in great shape to have any value at all

23 hours ago, Pookie1million said:

Thank you for your help. 

1. No

2.No

3. Yes

4. She hit the wall.

So i just received a bunch of playboys from a customer of mine and i have a few that stand out. I seen earlier in the thread that it really depends on the buyer but any idea a good going price for march 1990, october 1993, august 1993 and september 2009. All three are in really good condition. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

18 hours ago, Ryan85 said:

So i just received a bunch of playboys from a customer of mine and i have a few that stand out. I seen earlier in the thread that it really depends on the buyer but any idea a good going price for march 1990, october 1993, august 1993 and september 2009. All three are in really good condition. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

A dollar each?  :whatev:

FWIW, I don't think anyone here knows much about individual values of Playboy or other non-comic magazines.  From what I've seen, they have about as much value as any other magazine from that time period, which is not much.  Up there with National Geographics.

19 hours ago, Ryan85 said:

Drek🥴😴🤢I think so

Hi.  I have been an avid buyer / seller of Playboy (and related miscellany: puzzles, flats, newsstand specials, calendars, paperbacks, etc.) for decades.  As with most collectibles (investments) condition is the key.  I have purchased HUNDREDS of Playboys over the years and generally sellers GREATLY over evaluate the condition of their magazines.  That is why CGC is so important.  For value, v1, #1 will always have a market (though reprints and counterfeits have made the marketplace very wary.  January - April '54 are easy sellers with clean VF (or better copies) easily selling for $200 +.  Prices begin to decline for May '54 through December '55.  Bettie Page (January '55) is in high demand.  Christmas issues generally command a few more bucks but as you start getting into the '60s there are very few issues that sell (in raw condition) for more than $30.  Obviously, best prices are for magazines with firm staples, no rust, nice centerfold,   Celebrity issues are okay (Madonna, Kim Kardashian, Farrah Fawcett, etc.) but there are literally THOUSANDS of Playboys in nearly pristine condition from 1980 onward so it is an absolute buyer's market for those.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, Gove Collectibles said:

Hi.  I have been an avid buyer / seller of Playboy (and related miscellany: puzzles, flats, newsstand specials, calendars, paperbacks, etc.) for decades.  As with most collectibles (investments) condition is the key.  I have purchased HUNDREDS of Playboys over the years and generally sellers GREATLY over evaluate the condition of their magazines.  That is why CGC is so important.  For value, v1, #1 will always have a market (though reprints and counterfeits have made the marketplace very wary.  January - April '54 are easy sellers with clean VF (or better copies) easily selling for $200 +.  Prices begin to decline for May '54 through December '55.  Bettie Page (January '55) is in high demand.  Christmas issues generally command a few more bucks but as you start getting into the '60s there are very few issues that sell (in raw condition) for more than $30.  Obviously, best prices are for magazines with firm staples, no rust, nice centerfold,   Celebrity issues are okay (Madonna, Kim Kardashian, Farrah Fawcett, etc.) but there are literally THOUSANDS of Playboys in nearly pristine condition from 1980 onward so it is an absolute buyer's market for those.

I wouldn't say it's a buyers market if the books never make it into sellers hands.

Take a look at eBay and you will be hard pressed to find Playboys in NM/NM+ condition.

I look frequently and in all my years I've only scored one celeb book in 9.8.

Father was a collector, guess he knew something we kids didn't.  Have a lot of issues that are near mint and hermetically sealed, go figure.  Just can't find a buyer or auction house that wants the entire collection, 1956- 2000.  Personally I am tired of storing them, and just want them gone.  Ideas?

On 11/4/2021 at 3:24 PM, JDV56 said:

Father was a collector, guess he knew something we kids didn't.  Have a lot of issues that are near mint and hermetically sealed, go figure.  Just can't find a buyer or auction house that wants the entire collection, 1956- 2000.  Personally I am tired of storing them, and just want them gone.  Ideas?

There have been a few discussions over the years similar to yours , playboys are very hard to get rid of, especially nowadays as times have changed, my best advice would be advertise them on Craigslist for local pick up an price them cheap , an hopefully someone will take them off your hands

On 11/4/2021 at 12:24 PM, JDV56 said:

Only one I can think of off the top of my head would be mycomicshop.com; since I know they do carry back issues.  Not sure how good an offer they would give you, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

:cloud9:

PLAYBOY :x

... I'm not too vain to admit I lost my virginity to a Playboy magazine. 

I have a friend who specializes in Men's magazines and Film magazines... and with Playboy, the most common of all men's magazines, he starts to lose interest around 1957 unless it's a fire sale. Personally, I would LOVE to have #1 or the Bettie issue. I'm also a fan of the issue? with the Vargas Batgirl pin-up @Robot Man ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/7/2021 at 8:55 AM, Randall Dowling said:
On 11/7/2021 at 8:51 AM, jimjum12 said:

I'm also a fan of the issue? with the Vargas Batgirl pin-up

I could post it but it's a bit too salacious for these boards.  :blush:

It would get yanked likely. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu