• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moisture in between the inner and outer cases of a CGC book

20 posts in this topic

I know there is a previous thread on this but I can not locate it so here is a new one.

I picked up a slabbed TTA 57 and there is what appears to be condensation in between the inner and out cases. I've seen this condition before and I think someone had come up with a way to eliminate it.

Any suggestions/

It's not moisture, it's just a visual effect that happens when the inner well gets in contact with the outer shell. And the paper sliding works but you really have to try with the new holders since they seal the sides too.

RMA will be by soon to explain it to you.

I am now speaking to the person inside of Regan and I would suspect this is a lesion in the temporal lobe... :insane:

Some orange juice would be good right now..., (worship)

RMA will be by soon to explain it to you.

Tempting.

But pass.

I don't blame you at all, pal :P

meh

OK - now you got me stimulated :baiting:

:gossip: Like shootin' tards in a barrel ;)

If it's the oily looking globules that are on the inside of the case...it's just the two peices of plastic or mylar touching.

Theorietically you can stick a piece of paper in between to separate it as was said above.

I tried it and it didn't work if at all.

It's not a big deal but does detract from the look of the comic.

If it's some actual condensation then I have no answers as I haven't seen that at all.

If it's the oily looking globules that are on the inside of the case...it's just the two peices of plastic or mylar touching.

Theorietically you can stick a piece of paper in between to separate it as was said above.

I tried it and it didn't work if at all.

It's not a big deal but does detract from the look of the comic.

If it's some actual condensation then I have no answers as I haven't seen that at all.

Its the oily thing, although this book has another issue as well. I thought I had it sold until the wanna be buyer noticed the label on the book didn't match the label on the 6.0 he also passed on. That had a notation that Spidey was drawn without his spider symbol and the higher grade book didn't mention it on the label.