• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darrell Sheets, Storage Wars, WOW FACTOR!

35 posts in this topic

So, watching the newest round table get together of the cast. Darrell talkes about his 5.5 Million? Wow Factor.

So was this that comic collection he talked about in an earlier episode that was bought for 2,500?

5.5 million, really? Who owns any of these books? If it was 5.5 million I am assuming nm/mt books, lol .

:popcorn:

Those are not the numbers he was throwing around the first time he mentions his comic find. I forget what he did mention , but it was a couple hundred thousand, at best.

I dont think it was even that much. he sold them in the early 90s and Im sure he didnt sell them at full value. I remember him saying he regreted selling them.

Didn't he say something that if he would have kept hold of them it would have made him millions today. But because he sold them earlier it was far below that.

Not sure. I think he talks about it in the first episode

I don't know hm

From the pics they showed, it looked like boxes of HG SA bOoks and they showed him holding a really nice looking x-men1 and I think ASM 1. Of course, even though the pics made the books look 9.0ish, they could have been 6.0ish.

Does anyone here actually know about his find and what really was in it

He bought the storage locker for $2,500 in 1991. He sold the collection the same year for $130,000. The pictures show numerous ASM 1's, X-Men 1's, Silver Surfer, runs of books. There were around 27 long boxes of book's. He does say it was considered a top ten comic book collection in the world at the time. He also say's had he kept that collection it woud be worth millions now and it would of been his retirement nest egg.

From the pictures and what he says about the collection. I could see this collection being in the $1M - $2.5M in todays market. All of the books were bagged and boarded, for what that's worth. The run of ASM books would be huge money by itself,

I wonder who bought it, assuming it was sold in 1 chunk.

Wonder if the buyer kept it in tact, ungraded.

Or, split it up and sold it off.

Since no one on the boards heard from anyone about the collection maybe it was bought and went into hiding kind of like the dentist and his collection (shrug)

He scored big time with that find. He found that storage locker long before the t.v. show. It was his biggest score by far. The internet was in it's infancy still. So finding books was a lot harder back then. I know I would of regretted selling it back then. But he made a huge profit. It probably set him up to try buying/selling these lockers for a living.

He scored big time with that find. He found that storage locker long before the t.v. show. It was his biggest score by far. The internet was in it's infancy still. So finding books was a lot harder back then. I know I would of regretted selling it back then. But he made a huge profit. It probably set him up to try buying/selling these lockers for a living.

Not being a fan of comics, 125K profit is a big jump, I would see why he would flip it that fast.

If that was me, they'd be put in my closet for a rainy day. After seeing all of the stuff lying around in his house, the picasso's would have been sold faster than the collection of comics.