• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin's Chatroom

4,528 posts in this topic

but yea i wanted to know why do yall collect

I was losing my in the stock market......... :eek: just kidding.I have been reading/collecting comics as long as I can remember,since probably 7-8 years old.Now I'm 47 and still love em,even my beat up ones I had as a child. :cloud9:

If you can shoot a couple meatball subs my way maybe we can make a deal!

I'm kidding. I just wanted say welcome to the mad house. Don't get discouraged by some of the prices you will see,. there are plenty of books you can find for what suits your budget. Check out some of Captain Americas run with Mike Zeck art. (issues #263-289) most sell for less than 5 bucks!

my problem is i need comics from the 100s and people are sending me prices and its like 40-115 for the ones from the 100s

Collect grades that you can afford,or you just save up for each book.I buy one big grail book every year,and save up for it all year long.Because I have family commitments that take most of my money and I can't afford to buy books like most of the people here.I have been able to grow my collection without worrying about overspending or taking money away from the family.What I'm trying to say is you don't need to have it all right now,chip away at your collecting goal one book at a time. (thumbs u

As others have said, start slow. It can snowball quickly.

AND, do not let other people's comics let you down (while comparing them to your own). It's all about enjoyment, nothing else matters at the end of the day. I know I die a little bit every time I look in the "What's new in your collection" thread. There are some really nice comics that I would like to own, but have to watch what I spend. These people around here make it difficult with all the great books and deals in the sales threads.

Give it time and you'll gather a nice collection you can be proud of and enjoy for years to come.

That's a very important thing people tend to forget, you don't need to rush and buy a lot of issues at a time, enjoy what you buy and no hurry ;)

I agree..

I used to buy a lot of cheaper books because I was impatient. I always complained that I could never afford the key books that I wanted.

Then I shifted my focus to buying 3 books a year and now I have some beautiful key books ( 2 of them bought here on the boards ) that I worked hard to get. It's a lot more satisfying!! BTW... The boards are an invaluable tool for our hobby (thumbs u

WTTB

Welcome to the boards and congratulations on surviving the initial dozen or so "Initiation" responses.

Responses can be blunt and sarcastic but in the main, once you get to know the folks around here they are (In the main) quite a decent crowd and probably the best and most honest resource for your comic needs on t'Interweb.

I've not much to add to what has already been said.

Take your time.

Enjoy collecting as opposed to grabbing every Cap book you see.

Buy what you like at a price you can afford, alternatively wait, be patient and if it's a high ticket book (And high ticket is a matter of perspective) you can get it when the time is right and enjoy it all the more.

Avoid EVERYTHING by Leifeld (Not gonna post the Cap Moob shot here, don't want to put you off the hobby for good).

I only own 1 Cap book myself and (GASP) it's a Modern. Vol 4 Issue 1. Owned purely because I loved the cover.