• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparkle City Comics Presents Pedigree Quality 'Saginaw Collection' on eBay

66 posts in this topic

Did this get the Ped distinction from CGC -- if not, why not?

Brian;

I believe Sparkle City has now answered your question with the following statement:

The Collection is mainly Marvel.......

If the Atlantic City Collection with some top of census key books did not get a pedigree designation from CGC, than I don't see how a collection which is primarily made up of SA Marvels would be entitled to a pedigree designation.

There are simply far too many collections with HG SA Marvels around. Same old, same old. As a result, you are probably going to need something different and something spectacular if you are seeking a pedigree designation. hm

eEEP! Google Chrome scared the beejebus outta me this morning when I tried the link in the email that was sent out... wot up??

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

collectiblemarketing.com contains content from 86.55.140.203, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

We have already notified 86.55.140.203 that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on 86.55.140.203, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention oldmilwaukee6er.

If anyone else has any problems to report, please contact us directly at: sparklecitycomics@yahoo.com

We have notified our IT department of this issue and will take steps to address it right away. The preliminary cause simply seems to be a software issue with the email software used to generate the messages. Obviously we are not and do not intend to spread any malicious software.

There is most certainly NO malicious software on our website (sparklecitycomics.com) or on our eBay listings.

Did this get the Ped distinction from CGC -- if not, why not?

Brian;

I believe Sparkle City has now answered your question with the following statement:

The Collection is mainly Marvel.......

If the Atlantic City Collection with some top of census key books did not get a pedigree designation from CGC, than I don't see how a collection which is primarily made up of SA Marvels would be entitled to a pedigree designation.

There are simply far too many collections with HG SA Marvels around. Same old, same old. As a result, you are probably going to need something different and something spectacular if you are seeking a pedigree designation. hm

Suscha News :gossip:

Yes, books may be considered for pressing. We may decide to employ professional pressing services, as do most sellers these days. Also, we take many consignments, which may come to us as pressed (whether the consignor is aware of it or not).

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly: sparklecitycomics@yahoo.com

Sparkle City Comics will only be selling CGC graded comic books, so as to avoid any confusion or complications over grade, etc.... The only exception would be if CGC could not physically grade/encapsulate a particular book.

Looking at the great scans of these books provided by the seller on Ebay inspired me to write this ditty:

Here's a tale of two outfits

Only one graded comics legit

though wavering a mite

they were generally tight

but now they stand for Jack Sh*t

Have a look at the closeups of the top edges of JIM 86, 96 & TOS 61 & please tell me when dents & cave ins became passable in 9.6???????

CGC ...PLEEZ Stop the rot!!!!!

j86.jpg

j96.jpg

t61.jpg

Serious question here, one would have to assume that these indentations do not break color or have tears, can these be straightened out with pressing ?

Assuming they were pressed to begin with, is it possible the press on the overhang wore off after encapsualtion. It doesn't make sense that they would get a 9.6 if this is the way CGC saw it in hand.

Serious question here, one would have to assume that these indentations do not break color or have tears, can these be straightened out with pressing ?

Assuming they were pressed to begin with, is it possible the press on the overhang wore off after encapsualtion. It doesn't make sense that they would get a 9.6 if this is the way CGC saw it in hand.

looks like CGC is not counting off for that in 9.6...

True there are three grades above 9.6, so that grade would indicate some flaw(s). Maybe this is the only one the books had, but it's also further evidence that paying multiples for one grade over the next is bizarre, as they could just as easily have been 9.4s.

:bump:

First batch of books starts to end in 3 hours!!

good luck. ballsy to put these on ebay, hope it works out for you

i don't think so. it's a small world with the internet, word spreads fast. can't wait to see the hammer prices.

JIM #89 with Marvel tears on the right edge went for over $11 thousand, and the JIM #95 with an impacted upper staple fetched nearly $6 thousand - looks like the collection will do great.