• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparkle City Comics Presents Pedigree Quality 'Saginaw Collection' on eBay

66 posts in this topic

Good luck to the seller....CGC grading trends definitely follow a sine curve & these books have been graded in a trough....I wouldn't be paying these prices to resubmit the books in the future hope of an upgrade...in that event the books could get downgraded & some folks are liable to get mighty burnt

Good luck to the seller....CGC grading trends definitely follow a sine curve & these books have been graded in a trough....I wouldn't be paying these prices to resubmit the books in the future hope of an upgrade...in that event the books could get downgraded & some folks are liable to get mighty burnt
Some of the books do look a little over graded but overall a nice collection. The 9.4 FF16 with a burried top staple and two dinged corners bothers me though lol. CGC dropped the ball on that one. BUT look for these books to break GPA records. (thumbs u

Haters can hate but 72K+ for the TOS 39 CGC 9.2 puts to rest any doubt in my mind that little was lost by putting these books on eBay. Wow...perhaps that 9.2 has 9.4 potential.

I actually thought it was a really sharp looking 9.2

I threw a few moderate bids on it but got blown out.

lost jim 93 by like a few bucks, but no way of knowing what crazy bid the guy threw in.

BUT, a couple of bidders on the TOS 39 are going to be regretting their thrill bids they made to make sure they got it! Don't bid a million to make sure you win, because someone else may be crazy enough to have the same bidding strategy and you may get stuck paying a million!

Also, how did that one book with the buried staple get a 9.4? I've passed on many books that look like that thinking they would grade at 7.0!

Some of the books do look a little over graded but overall a nice collection. The 9.4 FF16 with a burried top staple and two dinged corners bothers me though lol. CGC dropped the ball on that one. BUT look for these books to break GPA records. (thumbs u

manufacturing has nothing to do with the CGC grade. hence printers crease.

Why aren't impacted staples considered a fault..I won't buy a book with this prob. because it takes away from the overall look of the book....anyhow, Its not just the obvious dings & dents that make these books look overgraded...have a look at the right edges & you'll see evidence of toning across the board...the back covers look plain dirty...these aren't manufacturing faults but CGC has graded like there are no issues...the grading is akin to PGX where everything gets white pages

JIM #89 with Marvel tears on the right edge went for over $11 thousand, and the JIM #95 with an impacted upper staple fetched nearly $6 thousand - looks like the collection will do great.

The unpressed Pacific Coast CGC 9.6 copy of 89 also had pre-Marvel chipping. :gossip:

sparklecity.... what did the AF 15 grade at? I'm sure its already spoken for

The AF 15 is currently at CGC. The book is not spoken for, it will be auctioned off on eBay with the Spideys.

We are committed to honest no reserve auctions for our comics, everyone will have a fair chance at our books.

The AF 15 is currently at CGC. The book is not spoken for, it will be auctioned off on eBay with the Spideys.

We are committed to honest no reserve auctions for our comics, everyone will have a fair chance at our books.

Good on you (thumbs u Let er buck! :grin:

do you have a ballpark idea for the grade? hm

Why aren't impacted staples considered a fault..I won't buy a book with this prob. because it takes away from the overall look of the book....anyhow, Its not just the obvious dings & dents that make these books look overgraded...have a look at the right edges & you'll see evidence of toning across the board...the back covers look plain dirty...these aren't manufacturing faults but CGC has graded like there are no issues...the grading is akin to PGX where everything gets white pages

well of course. more power to you. buy the book, not the label. (thumbs u

JIM #89 with Marvel tears on the right edge went for over $11 thousand, and the JIM #95 with an impacted upper staple fetched nearly $6 thousand - looks like the collection will do great.

The unpressed Pacific Coast CGC 9.6 copy of 89 also had pre-Marvel chipping. :gossip:

got a scan? :wishluck:

got a scan? :wishluck:

483714-jim89frontpacificcoast96.jpg