• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books with similar covers
6 6

370 posts in this topic

I like this thread (thumbs u so i will add a few from my personal collection!!!! I am not sure if these have been posted yet but I am glad to join in with these pre-hero marvels. Kind of make you frightened about what lies in the depths of our ocean waters!!! At least we know they are all the same color lol Sorry for the camera glare...

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

STAY OFF THE BOARDWALKS PEOPLE!!!!!

Edited by gino2paulus2

...I am glad to join in with these pre-hero marvels.

Pre-hero Marvels are great! They don't get the recognition they deserve from many Marvel zombies.

(thumbs u

I like this thread (thumbs u so i will add a few from my personal collection!!!! I am not sure if these have been posted yet but I am glad to join in with these pre-hero marvels. Kind of make you frightened about what lies in the depths of our ocean waters!!! At least we know they are all the same color lol Sorry for the camera glare...

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4045.jpg

STAY OFF THE BOARDWALKS PEOPLE!!!!!

Excellent trifecta of Marvel pre-hero book's with a similar theme. :applause:

Thanks to Hepcat for agreeing to share his copy of Batman #128 for this set of similar covers. :headbang:

There is nothing quite as exasperating as being held in prison by unsympathetic Aliens. ;)

Oh, I agree! Aquaman will attest that the green ones are particularly unsympathetic:

Showcase33.jpg

;)

Edited by Hepcat

Carmine Infantino ripped off one of his previous covers for Flash 145:

27-05-201374114PM_zps8167f06b.jpg

05-06-201393447PM_zpsfbbc8ed8.jpg

:o

Excellent catch Hepcat. :grin:

I'm slightly amazed we have come up with so many covers that are similar. The above set make me wonder if the constant pressure of creating new books sometimes led to a last minute scramble to put something together.

... make me wonder if the constant pressure of creating new books sometimes led to a last minute scramble to put something together.

That's precisely what it was I think. The first place they'd go mining for cover ideas is their own back issues. Check out these two other Justice League of America cover concepts that were recycled from Golden Age All-Star Comics covers:

All-star_zpsd3339a12.jpg

11-08-2011105205PM.jpg

All-Star23_zps7235a837.jpg

13-08-201165732PM.jpg

:juggle:

I didn't look back through the pages, but is there a listing for all of the books (and I'm sure there are *a lot*) that feature two teams/groups running at each other? And this motif spans many different ages.

Such as:

avengers53.jpg

xmen100.jpg

avengersannual2.jpg

Is this a Marvel-only thing or are there some DC examples?

... make me wonder if the constant pressure of creating new books sometimes led to a last minute scramble to put something together.

That's precisely what it was I think. The first place they'd go mining for cover ideas is their own back issues. Check out these two other Justice League of America cover concepts that were recycled from Golden Age All-Star Comics covers:

All-star_zpsd3339a12.jpg

11-08-2011105205PM.jpg

All-Star23_zps7235a837.jpg

13-08-201165732PM.jpg

:juggle:

Hepcat,

Those are a couple of the best examples yet, particularly the All Star 8 and JLA 29 pairing. :cloud9:

I didn't look back through the pages, but is there a listing for all of the books (and I'm sure there are *a lot*) that feature two teams/groups running at each other? And this motif spans many different ages.

Such as:

avengers53.jpg

xmen100.jpg

avengersannual2.jpg

Nah that's a Marvel only thing. :whistle: DC superhero's trade blows. :grin:

ACTN_354.jpg

ATOM_18.jpg

Such as:

avengers53.jpg

xmen100.jpg

avengersannual2.jpg

Here's a DC example:

08-06-201375537PM_zpse8a6b14e.jpg

:)