• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books with similar covers
6 6

378 posts in this topic

Charlton was certainly not above recycling covers. Here's a scan of my Konga's Revenge 3 from 1964:

KongasRevenge.jpg

And here is Charlton's reissued Konga's Revenge 1 from 1968:

KongasRevenge_zpsf77b613d.jpg

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

Those two covers are about as similar as you can get!

Meanwhile, where do you think Murphy Anderson may have gotten the idea for the cover of Justice League of America 10?

Sens109_zpsd5a62099.jpg

14-10-201171007PM.jpg

(shrug)

A recurring theme

hom214_zps00f3f22a.jpg

Made me think of this one

Batman_231.jpg

Congratulations Hepcat, jaeldubyoo & telerites, I think that's the first 4 bagger for this thread. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I have a slight change of rules to announce for this thread. Lets expand it to include an occasional splash page.

Kudos to Hepcat for consenting to use of his scan of Sea Devils #15 for this thread. :applause:

I found that Russ Heath borrowed his cover for Sea Devils 15, for a similar splash panel about a year later. It's ok by me. :headbang:

26-08-2012104714PM.jpg

From Star Spangled War Stories #122

SSWS_122P_zps1d087500.jpg

Thanks again to Hepcat for contributing Green Lantern #13 to this pair of books. :applause:

First in GL #13, the Flash suffers from a devastating splitting headache, after being blasted by the power ring of Green Lantern. One wonders if this is some kind of initiation hazing, to allow the Flash to team up with the Green Lantern. hm

In Flash 177 the Flash's head is literally about to burst wide open, or possibly even expand right off of the page. A tried and true ploy guaranteed to buy you some breathing room in a crowded city. :insane:

16-06-2011101200PM.jpg

:cool:

FLSH_177_zps480b34be.jpg

Hey! I never thought to associate those two comics before you pointed that out to me! Just goes to show that you can notice something new amongst the familiar every day.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

Excellent catch, those Atlas Westerns are epic. :cloud9:

I agree! I thought the Wyatt Earp title though short lived was particularly compelling.

Here's another cover theme snatch on the part of editor George Kashdan:

My_Greatest_Adventure_21_zps354692dd.jpg

11-08-201170552PM.jpg

;)

Edited by Hepcat