• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books with similar covers
6 6

378 posts in this topic

We're looking at Silver Age only?

For the most part. Some books may push the envelope by a year or two, like Two Gun Kid #24. (It's ok by me). :applause: I'm sure there have been a few others, but the vast majority, I'm going be memory here, have been Silver Age books.

Okey dokey. That's what I figured, given this is the Silver Age forum and all.

The comics with similar covers I have to post are copper age though, so...

:sorry:

For the most part. Some books may push the envelope by a year or two, like Two Gun Kid #24. (It's ok by me). :applause: I'm sure there have been a few others, but the vast majority, I'm going be memory here, have been Silver Age books.

We've actually had quite a few Golden Age-Silver Age pairings.

:)

Edited by Hepcat

Okey dokey. That's what I figured, given this is the Silver Age forum and all.

The comics with similar covers I have to post are copper age though, so...

:sorry:

:gossip: You could start your own thread along similar lines in the Copper thread.

We've actually had quite a few Golden Age-Silver Age pairings.

Yes, I recall the issue of Sensation comics with a figure on each finger. :acclaim:

I recently noticed these two books, have very similar composition, color-wise and with the dual attack of fire and ice against a superhero.

The Flash of course has his ever present city silhouette in the background. :headbang:

FLSH_140.jpg

Sman_145.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

So here in 1959 this handsome green fellow appeared on the cover of Detective Comics:

Detective270_zpsfe30ebd4.jpg

So captivated by his personal magnetism were we all that Louis Marx and Company named him Great Garloo and had him on every toy shelf in stores across the nation in 1961:

95-01.jpg

After growing a tail, back he was in 1966 for a return engagement with DC adventure heroes in Sea Devils 28:

007_zps436e0d6b.jpg

So here in 1959 this handsome green fellow appeared on the cover of Detective Comics:

Detective270_zpsfe30ebd4.jpg

So captivated by his personal magnetism were we all that Louis Marx and Company named him Great Garloo and had him on every toy shelf in stores across the nation in 1961:

95-01.jpg

After growing a tail, back he was in 1966 for a return engagement with DC adventure heroes in Sea Devils 28:

007_zps436e0d6b.jpg

This is one of the best ones yet Hepcat. :sumo::cloud9::cloud9:

As the "Manosaurus" the monster resembles the creature in "20 Million Miles to Earth" , one of the better sci-fi movies of the 50's. :cool: