• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books with similar covers
6 6

378 posts in this topic

A couple of Silver Age, 5 years apart.

The card with the Action is from the Comics Code Authority - they attached one to their file copies, which unfortunately leaves staple holes. These are also visible on the Adventure.

comicaction232 (2).jpg

comicll26.jpg

Edited by Albert Tatlock
scan added.

On 6/29/2023 at 4:35 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

GW64.jpg

KCO94.jpg

Those two had to be pretty close as far as shelf dates. 

On 6/29/2023 at 5:20 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I don't collect war comics and I've never seen these covers before, but they're awesome.

The DC War Grey Tone covers are uniformly awesome. You should check them all out.

On 6/29/2023 at 6:21 PM, MrBedrock said:

Those two had to be pretty close as far as shelf dates. 

6 months! November 1960 for Kid Colt and May 1961 for Gunsmoke Western. Luckily I have all the indicia for my SA Marvels memorized. But I'm no expert on job numbers. Maybe those weren't so far apart. Where's Dr. Michael J. Vasallo when you need him?

Tough gig this business of super-heroing. After a hard day spent contending with super villains, there's still the necessity of dodging projectiles flung by hysterical women:

13-06-2011101346PM.jpg

LoisLane39.jpg

:wavingwhiteflag:

Edited by Hepcat