• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic books with similar covers
6 6

370 posts in this topic

A post in one of the Numbers game threads made me go looking for this. Here's some I found - lot's of broken desks in the Silver Age:

Hey! Now why didn't I notice that? And Silver was asleep on the job too!

doh!

Edited by Hepcat

A post in one of the Numbers game threads made me go looking for this. Here's some I found - lot's of broken desks in the Silver Age:

Hey! Now why didn't I notice that? And Silver was asleep on the job too!

doh!

:whee: It's not often that one beats out both you and Silver. I give myself a hand. :golfclap:

:banana:

I've always felt that there was something similar about these two covers, but I've never been able to quite put my finger on it.

hm

758153.jpg831825.jpg

Clearly the same type font on the 10 cents text. Good catch!

I've always felt that there was something similar about these two covers, but I've never been able to quite put my finger on it.

hm

758153.jpg831825.jpg

Clearly the same type font on the 10 cents text. Good catch!

lol

Upon closer examination, it appears the same coffee pot was used for both covers. :o

237-1.jpg

264-1.jpg

284-2.jpg

302-1.jpg

"Great Caesar's Ghost" Perry White in a Superman suit. :o

Outstanding! :cloud9:

Love this thread. I wonder who pays for all the broken desks (shrug)

Divided men.

May 63

TOTU_76.jpg

Oct 65

STADV_181.jpg

A common theme in comics edited by Jack Schiff. He even created Ultra the Multi-Alien around that theme!

Consider. Strange Adventures 181 hit newsstands in August 1965:

010_zpsd0650c31.jpg

Barely a month later Ultra was introduced in Mystery in Space 103:

014_zps02b727de.jpg

;)

Divided men.

A common theme in comics edited by Jack Schiff. He even created Ultra the Multi-Alien around that theme!

Consider. Strange Adventures 181 hit newsstands in August 1965:

010_zpsd0650c31.jpg

Barely a month later Ultra was introduced in Mystery in Space 103:

014_zps02b727de.jpg

;)

Hep That Multi-man is odd character, I have an issue of the Challengers that features Multi-Man, but he looks much different than the one depicted on Strange Adventures. He is pint sized but gets to team up with Multi-Woman. (Iss. 34)

Excellent book! :cloud9:

Hep That Multi-man is odd character, I have an issue of the Challengers that features Multi-Man, but he looks much different than the one depicted on Strange Adventures. He is pint sized but gets to team up with Multi-Woman. (Iss. 34)

That's because Ultra the Multi-Alien and Multi-Man are entirely unrelated characters.

:)

That's because Ultra the Multi-Alien and Multi-Man are entirely unrelated characters.

:)

I need to dust off my glasses. :preach:

nerd.gif

I have a slight change of rules to announce for this thread. Lets expand it to include an occasional splash page.

Alright then!

Here's a scan of the cover of Green Lantern 28:

14-06-2012114624PM.jpg

A very solid cover, but I think the concept of the splash page was even better:

GreenLantern028-02_zps00821e07.jpg

I think the splash page concept of Green Lantern being thrown back for a loop toward the viewer would have made an even better cover than the actual one used. Julius Schwartz and Gil Kane evidently came around to sharing my opinion as the same concept was soon used for the cover of Green Lantern 33:

12-06-2012110552PM.jpg

:popcorn:

Edited by Hepcat