• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age War comics
15 15

1,413 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

Amazing copy, are we looking at a pedigree here?

Yes, an Adamstrange Copy. Highly coveted. 

11 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

Amazing copy, are we looking at a pedigree here?

D copy, iirc.

51 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

I figured that or maybe Bethlehem, can’t recall seeing any other Atlas war pedigree books.  Have you come across any?

Salida and River City

Edited by october

57 minutes ago, october said:

Salida and River City

Right river city, should have remembered that since I own some...  Can’t recall seeing any Salida Atlas - post them if anyone has any (or Salida from any publisher) would love to see them.

Edited by Johnny545

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Scroll up a little for 3 nice Salidas...   :baiting:

I did see those - great books.  I think I read somewhere how you had a chance to buy some Salda books, but do you mind sharing the story again?  Also have you see any Atlad Salida? Apparently there was a near full run of all Atlas war issues.

32 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

Apparently there was a near full run of all Atlas war issues.

There were a lot but by no means full runs.  I don't have Nelson's Salida article at hand but I think there were only 1000 books total in the collection and it included pre-code war, post-code war and Disney.  The war books were a sampling from many different publishers.

Edited by adamstrange

1 hour ago, Johnny545 said:
2 hours ago, october said:

Salida and River City

Right river city, should have remembered that since I own some...  Can’t recall seeing any Salida Atlas - post them if anyone has any (or Salida from any publisher) would love to see them.

Also Gaines, Bethlehem, Newsboys, Church, Circle8,Big Apple, Palo Alto, Spokane.  Some of these have limited representation of war comics and other 50s pedigrees might be minimally represented as well.