• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age War comics
15 15

1,413 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

Wow. 23 will be outpacing 11 before you know it. A slabbed 7.5 sold for $899 tonight too.

453D4C80-BAE1-4D84-A7A0-E6F033F6C909.png

Most Atlas war books with 7.5 have got to be near/in the top-tier of their range so I understand that gets a premium. 

While the #23 continue to climb in value (as with all war books as of late it seems) I think it still has a while to catch up with the #11 :)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/War-Comics-11-Its-Gettin-Hot-in-Here-War-Precode-Flame-Thrower-Russ-Heath-cover-/153722403861?hash=item23ca91bc15%3Ag%3ADscAAOSwdzxdywEG&nma=true&si=k1tOgKlikIlxIqo8Tt9KrXIIeFE%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Some solid prices for Atlas war on the bay last night. I bid well and got just blown away. The ship is starting to leave the dock for the once slow genre of War books...

The ship is definitely picking up steam...

It seems quite natural as collectors are squeezed out of genres like PCH and GGA - in addition to a little genre fatigue - that they migrate to other genres, and it seems Atlas books, especially war, are seeing obvious upticks. I just wish we spread the love around so that we don't see the same price spikes that drove us out of other genres! 

Collecting comics for me loses a lot of lustre when examples throughout a genre routinely sell for hundreds. (I'm admittedly a little stuck in the 80's when I would ask to see a Zip 2 from a dealer's wall at a local con and it was priced $75, but c'mon...)  :sorry:

On 11/18/2019 at 11:46 AM, PopKulture said:

The ship is definitely picking up steam...

It seems quite natural as collectors are squeezed out of genres like PCH and GGA - in addition to a little genre fatigue - that they migrate to other genres, and it seems Atlas books, especially war, are seeing obvious upticks. I just wish we spread the love around so that we don't see the same price spikes that drove us out of other genres! 

Collecting comics for me loses a lot of lustre when examples throughout a genre routinely sell for hundreds. (I'm admittedly a little stuck in the 80's when I would ask to see a Zip 2 from a dealer's wall at a local con and it was priced $75, but c'mon...)  :sorry:

I know this one is tough in higher grade but wow! I did not expect this to go so high. 

image.png.4959549e3127f86450c473cd2ab85e13.png

33 minutes ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

I know this one is tough in higher grade but wow! I did not expect this to go so high. 

I saw that result. Great cover, but - wow! It's time for me to be thankful for the Atlas war I do have and go buy some funny animals...  hm

54 minutes ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

I was tempted to join past the $200 mark but..maybe next time.

I know I'm stuck in a time warp mostly of my own making, but if I'm thinking of buying a $200 comic, I'd better see the number 5 and a new villain Dr. Doom on the cover...  :preach:

On 11/19/2019 at 6:22 PM, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Nice sig line Surfer! One of those looks real familiar...hm

You really need one of these to go with your Bill Barnes America's Air Ace...

airwardencadetpin.jpg