• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age War comics
15 15

1,413 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nice! I'm still pecking away at the Farrell war books a little at a time. Got most of the ones I really want now just filling holes and upgrading.

I didn't even know they had annuals.... learn something new every day around here. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

8 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

GREAT COVER ! GREAT CONDITION TOO !

Some of these guys I hope to NOT see their collections come to market.... they're friends and it would mean something bad happened..... but I wouldn't mind at least seeing Dan's or Bob's books.... I'm enjoying seeing Dan post a few. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

Hi all - I'm not much of a war comics guy so looking for opinions from the more knowledgeable.  Was reading through a stack of my dad's old coverless books and came across this splash page which reminded me of a Fight cover.  Just curious if you guys think this is a swipe...or maybe it's already a known thing I have no idea.  The splash is from a book cover-dated about a year and a half after the Fight.

SOggpDnRQZaa9awsd2ZK3A.jpg

image.png.15909de700926dbfbc3512010fd892c1.png

Edited by dannyboy

18 hours ago, dannyboy said:

Hi all - I'm not much of a war comics guy so looking for opinions from the more knowledgeable.  Was reading through a stack of my dad's old coverless books and came across this splash page which reminded me of a Fight cover.  Just curious if you guys think this is a swipe...or maybe it's already a known thing I have no idea.  The splash is from a book cover-dated about a year and a half after the Fight.

SOggpDnRQZaa9awsd2ZK3A.jpg

image.png.15909de700926dbfbc3512010fd892c1.png

Almost certainly a swipe.  Both Katz and Infantino were at the start of their career and still learning and so more likely to rely on swiping.

Was digging one of my GA annual boxes today and re-discovered this. GI in Battle Annual un-used cover proof. Got it as well as a bunch of others from SF collector Ray Storch's find of un-used cover proofs about 20+ years ago. Now all I gotta do is find a coverless copy to marry it to...

annualbox.jpg

comgiinbattleannualcoverproof1.jpg

comgiinbattleannualcoverproof2.jpg

On 12/30/2019 at 4:30 PM, Electricmastro said:

From Speed Comics #24 (December 1942, Harvey Comics). Art by Arthur Cazeneuve.

0.jpg

Nice!  My personal favorite of the Speed run.  One day I'll find one for myself.

27 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Was digging one of my GA annual boxes today and re-discovered this. GI in Battle Annual un-used cover proof. Got it as well as a bunch of others from SF collector Ray Storch's find of un-used cover proofs about 20+ years ago. Now all I gotta do is find a coverless copy to marry it to...

annualbox.jpg

Now that is something unique.  Love it!

24 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

annualbox.jpg

Holy that is amazing!(worship):headbang:(worship)

I too have a few Atlas Cover proofs that are rumored to have been from that same collection but they are all regular books, no annuals :)

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

annualbox.jpg

Now that's a box I'd like to run my fingers through.