• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age War comics
15 15

1,413 posts in this topic

The Combat 1 wasn't too surprising.  I could even see it going a little higher.  However, it's not the hardest one to find so the bidder pool may be smaller.  

The Battle Cry is silly, but that's flamethrower covers for you. 

The Combat 2 and 10 were astonishing.  I was the underbidder on both.  I have reasonable copies of each, so I couldn't convince myself to completely sell out, but somebody clearly had their heart set on both of them.

18 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Four books may be shattered the records. Golden Age War Comic books are Battle Cry #15, Atlas Comics #1 and other two same title were incredibly sold over $7400 total in a recent CLink.

Of course, I was outbid on all of them. Ended up in 2nd or 3rd highest bid on each copy.

Quite strong prices.  For single highest graded Combat books it isn't crazy.

On 5/27/2020 at 11:03 PM, buttock said:

The Combat 1 wasn't too surprising.  I could even see it going a little higher.  However, it's not the hardest one to find so the bidder pool may be smaller.  

The Combat 2 and 10 were astonishing.  I was the underbidder on both.  I have reasonable copies of each, so I couldn't convince myself to completely sell out, but somebody clearly had their heart set on both of them.

Tonight's results are keeping up the trend; a 4.5 War Fury 1 for $1211 is pretty strong. 

44 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

Tonight's results are keeping up the trend; a 4.5 War Fury 1 for $1211 is pretty strong. 

I'm both happy and sad to see these prices.  On one hand, they're dragging out some great books.  On the other, those great books aren't going cheap. 

On 5/27/2020 at 8:03 AM, buttock said:

What were the grades and prices realized? I don't follow any of the big auctions, so I don't even know what service they sold on!  :shy:

24 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

What were the grades and prices realized? I don't follow any of the big auctions, so I don't even know what service they sold on!  :shy:

https://www.comiclink.com/AUCTIONS/DEFAULT.ASP?Focused=1&pg=44&x=46&y=7

Just sign in to see prices and keep clicking the "Prev" button to see more listings.  Don't wait as clink removes the link shortly after the end of the auction.