• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

lol

I'm trying to grow up...but all these hot chicks in Ft. Lauderdale help keep me young!

No wonder you're so fluffy. You need some hard winters to man you the up. :baiting:

FFB, grow up and act like a respectable attorney who should know better than trolling forum chat rooms to insitgate fights and stoop to such levels. You are supposed to be a professional. Act like it.

And by the way, this is completely out of line.

How some of you find the nuts to act so ing self-righteous is beyond me.

FFB, grow up and act like a respectable attorney who should know better than trolling forum chat rooms to insitgate fights and stoop to such levels. You are supposed to be a professional. Act like it.

Careful with the word "NUTS", :ohnoez: It's this week's hot button.

Cal is more than "eccentric" and is completely incomparable to anyone else here. He's INSANE. He's narcissistic, admitting in this very thread that he thinks he's PERFECT. He's paranoid and delusional, immature and spiteful. He carries grudges for decades against people he never met and never will meet. He tries to sue people and get them in legal trouble for laughing at him on the internet. This is more than eccentric. This is a person with real problems. Look at it this way, if he didn't have comics and money, would you have anything to do with a guy who behaved in this manner?

Libel. The printed word.

FFB thinks that I can't do anything about it, or won't.

Made a mistake.

CAL who needed to be perfect in real life to get to where he is today...

OK Dupont2005, tell you what. You post your eBay handle here, I will put add your ebay user ID to my Blocked Bider List. This will ensure you that you won't be buying any of my items.

My "needed to be perfect" - I NEVER have been sued, and that comment meant how the "dues were paid" by hard work and sweat, and the track record that stands for itself. Years, btw. This is not the first time you are trying to act like a grown pit-bull latching on my every word and post. You are ten, eleven years too late to join that party. The Big Dog is still here, one of the other dogs is gone. So go somewhere else and not add or help, be whoever it is you are trying to be where you have cred. You have NONE with me, and no one seems to be replying to your posts. Get a clue.

Out of here for now CAL :whatev:

Cal let it go. Scott may have been out of line but you are just fueling his commentary by raging on about this issue. I think if you laughed off his comments or were the bigger man and stayed calm you probably would have gained more respect than acting like a 10-year with a huge chip on your shoulder. I mean that in the most respectful way possible.

For the record, I still don't think I was out of line for telling the newbie in that thread that I think Cal is nuts. I considered it a public service announcement. :angel:

Cal let it go. Scott may have been out of line but you are just fueling his commentary by raging on about this issue. I think if you laughed off his comments or were the bigger man and stayed calm you probably would have gained more respect than acting like a 10-year with a huge chip on your shoulder. I mean that in the most respectful way possible.

Looks like you did not read the entire Thread. I did let it go. Just trying to put the rubbernecking wannabes in their place. If you were me, you would do this too.

As far as FFB, he thinks it was okay to declare me "nuts". His "public service announcement". He had not much to say about steering the seller away from me( anybody BUT CAL...). Just his desperate graspings...

CAL needs to do something... :busy:

My understanding from POV's little tale is that nobody is really "without sin" acc to his point of view.

You've personally tried to help me when I asked for it. I don't think you're a bad guy either.

Regardless, that wasn't the point of the thread.

A LOT of very level headed, long time and trustworthy board members (some of which might even disagree with each other) all agree that even if Cal is eccentric (and quite honestly, we all are in some way a little bent) your comment was out of line and out of context. It's that short and simple.

Anyhow, that's it for me. I'm really out now.

:hi:

I was really surprised at Scott's long post about Cal and Cal's qualities as Scott saw them. That kind of post is actually my least favorite.

I don't consider Scott to be Evil. This was so far back in the past I felt somewhat detached from it as I was recounting it. Scott has since been quite forthcoming about pressing techniques etc.

In retrospect this went beyond my intent, which was indeed the "without sin" ref above (or even the perception of "sin"). The subsequent back and forth only exacerbated things.

So I apologize for the drama.

Michael, with that attitude, this thread has no hope of making it until Friday. :banana:

And I was forthcoming about pressing techniques long before I bought that book from you, for the record. You knew I had a press and you knew that I pressed books because by that point, we had discussed pressing on these forums and in person a jillion times. Did you really think I wasn't going to press out a book length bend on a gorgeous MT8 with white pages and sweet cover inks? :screwy: It didn't even fit right in the mylar because of the bend and it was just a matter of time until someone tore the back cover putting it back in a mylar. I did that book a favor by pressing it flat.

Looks like you did not read the entire Thread. I did let it go. Just trying to put the rubbernecking wannabes in their place. If you were me, you would do this too.

As far as FFB, he thinks it was okay to declare me "nuts". His "public service announcement". He had not much to say about steering the seller away from me( anybody BUT CAL...). Just his desperate graspings...

CAL needs to do something... :busy:

Do what? I am a partner in my own law firm. I don't work for anyone. I am a Northern California SuperLawyer in my practice area and I have a perfect 10 rating on Avvo.com. Do you think that the rantings of one guy on the internet is going to affect my business? Avvo will remove any negative comments you put up when I certify that you were never a client.

As for your "lawsuit," any lawyer worth his salt will tell you that opinions are not actionable as libel. I am not your psychiatrist and I have never met you. My opinion that you are nuts is based upon what I have seen you do since I began posting here seven and a half years ago, and what you continue to do to this very day.

I can only imagine how hellish it would be if a transaction with you went sideways. If anyone is scaring buyers away, it is you and your ridiculous threats and your bizarre behavior.

Plus, what damage have you suffered? Certainly not emotional distress - there are thousands of posts to demonstrate that you revel in stuff like this. If it caused you emotional distress, why would you be willing to pay "$500-700" for the privilege of posting here? So if you missed out on a PLOD, what damage did you suffer? Maybe $50, assuming you could have talked the seller into selling it to you for less than it was worth? Are you going to terrorize me in small claims court for fifty bucks? lol

Like you should talk. :gossip:

For the record, I still don't think I was out of line for telling the newbie in that thread that I think Cal is nuts. I considered it a public service announcement. :angel:

Saying he is nuts was within your right.

Telling him not to do business with him was out of line.

Like you should talk. :gossip:

Guys, we collect comic books. No one here should be telling anyone to grow up.

My 2c

Not that anyone really cares.

I see now, being on the outside watching how emotional internet chat can be.

I myself have been in 2 threads where I felt that I had to defend myself to the end. I thought I was crazy for responding everytime someone else jumped in (on either side). I told myself, "Just let it go, be the better man" then I would read another post and loose my mind, responding as fast as I could.

For whatever it is worth, maybe the comment should not have been posted in a thread (just to prevent this from happening).

But at least it seems Cal has removed himself and has now taken a different look on the situation.

For the record I do think Cal is crazy and maybe he also should not have started numerous threads about the initial post.

Whats done is done, hopefully when the dust settles no one feelings are hurt too bad........at least it has been very entertaining.

Chunkybutt- the one without proper punctuation, spelling, sentnce forming and all other types of grammer

imagesletseatgrandma.png

Saying he is nuts was within your right.

Telling him not to do business with him was out of line.

OK, I think he's nuts but if you want to do business with him, it's no skin off my nose.