• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

Scott, of course I knew you did pressing. As I mentioned, I did advise you on making the interior pages better with humidification on that book. You seem to not remember that - it was while seated in, as I recall, "your" Hunan place as opposed to mine. But it may have been Hunan Homes.

Regardless. Allow me to totally bury this now. I feel bad for my post. I apologize for exacerbating the situation.

Scott, of course I knew you did pressing. As I mentioned, I did advise you on making the interior pages better with humidification on that book. You seem to not remember that - it was while seated in, as I recall, "your" Hunan place as opposed to mine. But it may have been Hunan Homes.

Regardless. Allow me to totally bury this now. I feel bad for my post. I apologize for exacerbating the situation.

Sorry Michael, but I absolutely refuse to let you off the hook until Friday.

And "your" Hunan restaurant is now "my" Hunan restaurant. Yours was way better.

And I learned how to press interiors after Tracey Heft warped several of my comics (including a Weird War Tales 64 and 68) at least a year or more before I bought the MT8 from you. Now will you please dispute this again for a few more days?

Cal let it go. Scott may have been out of line but you are just fueling his commentary by raging on about this issue. I think if you laughed off his comments or were the bigger man and stayed calm you probably would have gained more respect than acting like a 10-year with a huge chip on your shoulder. I mean that in the most respectful way possible.

Looks like you did not read the entire Thread. I did let it go. Just trying to put the rubbernecking wannabes in their place. If you were me, you would do this too.

As far as FFB, he thinks it was okay to declare me "nuts". His "public service announcement". He had not much to say about steering the seller away from me( anybody BUT CAL...). Just his desperate graspings...

CAL needs to do something... :busy:

Do what? I am a partner in my own law firm. I don't work for anyone. I am a Northern California SuperLawyer in my practice area and I have a perfect 10 rating on Avvo.com. Do you think that the rantings of one guy on the internet is going to affect my business?

Ahhh....

Lots of money? Yup.

Arrogant? Yup.

Unable to say man up and sorry? Yup.

For the record, I still don't think I was out of line for telling the newbie in that thread that I think Cal is nuts. I considered it a public service announcement. :angel:

Saying he is nuts was within your right.

Telling him not to do business with him was out of line.

OK, I think he's nuts but if you want to do business with him, it's no skin off my nose.

If you had said that in the other thread...I bet this thread wouldn't have happened... hm

Nah, it would have happened anyway but I wouldn't think you were out of line.

Cal let it go. Scott may have been out of line but you are just fueling his commentary by raging on about this issue. I think if you laughed off his comments or were the bigger man and stayed calm you probably would have gained more respect than acting like a 10-year with a huge chip on your shoulder. I mean that in the most respectful way possible.

Looks like you did not read the entire Thread. I did let it go. Just trying to put the rubbernecking wannabes in their place. If you were me, you would do this too.

As far as FFB, he thinks it was okay to declare me "nuts". His "public service announcement". He had not much to say about steering the seller away from me( anybody BUT CAL...). Just his desperate graspings...

CAL needs to do something... :busy:

Do what? I am a partner in my own law firm. I don't work for anyone. I am a Northern California SuperLawyer in my practice area and I have a perfect 10 rating on Avvo.com. Do you think that the rantings of one guy on the internet is going to affect my business?

Ahhh....

Lots of money? Yup.

Arrogant? Yup.

Unable to say man up and sorry? Yup.

I'm just a spectator but...

^^

For the record, I still don't think I was out of line for telling the newbie in that thread that I think Cal is nuts. I considered it a public service announcement. :angel:

Saying he is nuts was within your right.

Telling him not to do business with him was out of line.

OK, I think he's nuts but if you want to do business with him, it's no skin off my nose.

If you had said that in the other thread...I bet this thread wouldn't have happened... hm

Nah, it would have happened anyway but I wouldn't think you were out of line.

I would go post it now so that you and I could be friends, but then I would be reducing the likelihood that this thread will make it until Friday.

What was that term that Gary Groth used all those many years ago?

It certainly fits CAL to a tee.

A No-Prize to the first correct answer.

Was it Gary Groth or was it Harlan Ellison while being interviewed by Gary Groth?

Ellison may have said it, but Groth choose to run with it.

FFB, grow up and act like a respectable attorney who should know better than trolling forum chat rooms to insitgate fights and stoop to such levels. You are supposed to be a professional. Act like it.

And by the way, this is completely out of line.

How some of you find the nuts to act so ing self-righteous is beyond me.

Like you should talk. :gossip:

Nice try, but I have no problem admitting that I act ridiculous at times.

You, on the other hand, actually think it makes sense to tell a grown man you don't even know to "grow up and act like a respectable attorney" based on a single post that doesn't even involve you.

Also, you're a giant 8 year-old girl.

Sorry Michael, but I absolutely refuse to let you off the hook until Friday.

And "your" Hunan restaurant is now "my" Hunan restaurant. Yours was way better.

And I learned how to press interiors after Tracey Heft warped several of my comics (including a Weird War Tales 64 and 68) at least a year or more before I bought the MT8 from you. Now will you please dispute this again for a few more days?

I disagree. "My" Hunan Restaraunt was not "way better" than yours, it was "way way better." Why are you subtly attacking me this way? Why, I remember asking for hot mustard at "Your's" and all they had were those spiceless mall plastic packs!

Do what? I am a partner in my own law firm. I don't work for anyone. I am a Northern California SuperLawyer in my practice area...snip

You post made very valid points, but I when I saw this I had to comment. They have "Super Lawyer" where you practice too? We've been getting solicitations from them for almost 2 decades. We've never bit. It always seemed a lot like those "Who's Who Among American High School Students" solicitations from way back when. I guess it depends on practice area how valuable inclusion is.

I wonder how much more it costs in CA as opposed to here in Chicago. I suppose if it's an effective marketing tool it's probably worth it. I could use more associates before I chase any more clients. lol

What was that term that Gary Groth used all those many years ago?

It certainly fits CAL to a tee.

A No-Prize to the first correct answer.

Was it Gary Groth or was it Harlan Ellison while being interviewed by Gary Groth?

Ellison may have said it, but Groth choose to run with it.

Are you referring to that Bug term?