• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Rare are Double Cover

47 posts in this topic

Quite rare from what I've seen. Not one book I bought off the rack or in a multi pack in the 70's had a double cover. Of all the books I've bought and been given, and I must have about 12K-15k, I have 2 double covers that I can think of. I have Space 1999 with a double, and a ASM 127

Triple covers or more, never even seen one. I have heard of triple covers though.

I have about forty double covers of various comics and five triple covers. All my Triple covers are Avengers ranging from 39 to 106.

I've never come across one in the wild. All mine were bought as DC or TCs.

The double cover thread. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5116121#Post5116121

Start at the link, work backwards.

There's a book with 7 covers on the last page of this thread.... Yes.. 7!!

Unbelievable. That would have to be some kind of record and CGC would have to charge for submission times if that was common

The double cover thread. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5116121#Post5116121

Start at the link, work backwards.

There's a book with 7 covers on the last page of this thread.... Yes.. 7!!

Unbelievable. That would have to be some kind of record and CGC would have to charge for submission times if that was common

A friend showed me a Charlton comic that was all covers, no interior pages.

Obviously there are double cover collectors, but out of 15k+ comics I own, mostly picked up as back issues, I have only one. So there u go.

Same with me. I don't have 15,000 books, but of the several thousand I do own only one is a double cover.

I've personally found only three in my entire 24+ years of collecting.

The first two, I passed on, because I was young and dumb.

The last one, I found about six months ago, and the store owner whined so much about it, I let him have it.