• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED - Will pick it up in "MIXED AGES" in a couple days... THANKS!

50 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Well, as the title says; there'll be a mixed bag of goodies posted over the next couple days. I've drained my PayPal account and need to add some funds to it on the FLASH!

I was on a 6 week road trip doing both the Toronto Fan Expo as well as the Montreal Comic-Con. Both shows exceeded expectations, but the Montreal show was by far the better of the two. Of course, that's just my opinion. However, from all the people I spoke with, the consensus was that the MTL show was better in terms of comic book sales figures. Attendance wise, MTL was maybe a 5th of Toronto, but again, was better than the Toronto show for selling books. For what it's worth, that's my 2c

So, I happened upon some nice books that were either in my OO collection stored back at folk's house in Ontario, purchased at the show or from deals over the last few months. In other words; FRESH CONTENT!

Pricing will be as fair as I could price the books at. I'll happily accept PM'd offers and take into consideration. While I am looking to sell, I am not "desperate" and won't be selling for 75% off guide or fair market value. Again, I'll price the stuff to move and what I'd think would be FMV. If you don't agree on a price, or would like to "haggle" or even TRADE, feel free to drop a PM.

Shipping: Unless otherwise noted, shipping prices are as follows: US ORDERS $10 for slabs (any amount) and $5 for RAW (any amount). For Canadian and Overseas, the price will be exact cost. Canadian orders will have the option to either ship direct from Canada, or through the US. While it may seem like a "no brainer", prices can actually be cheaper to ship from the US!!! Go figure doh!

Payments are preferred via PayPal. However, I wouldn't shy away from Money Orders (USPS) or direct credit cards; I "believe" that a fellow dealer/friend would allow for me to use his merchant account for credit card purchases. Also, I would happily accept "personal" payments via PayPal but it isn't required.

Unless noted, none of the books have any restoration, and, or missing pages, etc. If they have been pressed (by me), it will be noted. Obviously, if they've been pressed prior to my obtaining the books, I have no way of knowing for sure and therefore cannot say with certainty that they were or were not.

As always, the :takeit: trumps all. Unless a deal is being worked out in PM land. It would then go to a time stamp so that all are happy. (thumbs u

So with that all out of the way, I'll get to listing some books!

Up first:

Here's a print from the Montreal Comic-Con. I'd bought a few for friends and self. This is the only "extra" one and am looking to get what I paid, $20. I'd heard they have been selling for double that, but would be happy to just get what I paid and make someone else happy in the meantime! It's a pretty cool print! Spidey in hockey gear by Neal Adams! How can you go wrong???

Neal Adams' Amazing spider-Man and Fantastic Four Montreal Comic-Con print #16 of 400. Will be shipped flat and secure. Cost of shipping is $8 (estimate). If significantly lower, I will be happy to refund the balance once mailed.

$20.00 + $8 to ship

ASMMTLCCNealAdamsprint16of400.jpg

More coming right up!

Next up is this beautiful GGA book!

Planet Comics #45

I am going to call it a 5.5. I have had a little bit of a tough time calling this one. The pages are a great OW-W... leaning towards the White! There are NO hidden flaws on the book. The only real problem is the staining/foxing that DOES NOT go through the book. I have asked 4 people and 1 person in hand. The grades ranged from a 5.0 to as high as a 7.o (I wouldn't call it that high). Very confident in calling it a 5.5. Large scans and photo of a random cool interior page. Firmly attached at staples and NO RESTORATION at all... from an OO collection. A great book! You be the judge... Only reason I am putting up is because I scanned it up for someone who had it in their "wants" in sig line. Have not had a response after at least 4 days, so before it goes south to Florida, I'll see if any takers (shrug)

Book has great gloss and vibrant colors! Gerber 4

$225.00 NOW $200 takes it home!

A nice array of scans/pics for you all to view/judge (thumbs u

Scan of front

PlanetComics45A.jpg

Scan of back

PlanetComics45B.jpg

Picture of interior (random cool image!). Pages are an OW

PlanetComics45Interior.jpg

Picture of book in Mylar, ready to be sent to a new home :)

PlanetComics45Mylarr.jpg

OK, next up is this GA DC book;

Kid Eternity #15 from May of 1949!

Nice book with only real issue being the dust shadow. Cool cover of a "second tier" character.

A steal @ $58! SOLD!!!

Offer of a FREE PRESS with purchase... If so desired :gossip:

KidEternity15A.jpg

KidEternity15B.jpg

Nice book with only real issue being the dust shadow. Cool cover of a "second tier" character.

A steal @ $58!

KidEternity15A.jpg

KidEternity15B.jpg

I'll take it.

A steal @ $58!

I'll take it.

:o

Why thank you kind sir! Am I right in assuming that the free press will be a part of the deal???

I also have a #5 in hand, as well as "Hit Comics" #'s 45 & 48 featuring Kid Eternity... shall I scan 'em up???

Thanks!

John (thumbs u

I just thought it was a nice skull cover.

Looking for some "skull" are you? Hmmmm

Let me see what pops into my HEAD!

:kidaround:

:fear:

:makepoint:

Wouldn't be surprised to find some "skull" in this next book! :gossip:

Jeff Jones' Spasm #1

This is the single HIGHEST GRADED COPY... tough dark cover, Underground from 1973.

CGC 9.6 W/ White Pages

$140.00

Spasm1CGC96W.jpg

Ok, one last book before shut down for maintenance

Kid Eternity #5 - Spring 1947

A nice copy that will benefit immensely with a press (FREE w/purchase if desire). Pages are a nice OW/W.

Gonna let the pics speak for themselves and price the book at an attractive

$80.00

KidEternity5A.jpg

KidEternity5B.jpg

KidEternity5Interior.jpg

More goodness to follow tomorrow.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of our Canadian boardies :hi:

John (thumbs u

uh,,the spiderman comic is a original story?

Ummm, what are you on about???

There is no spider-Man comic, it is a Montreal Comic-Con PRINT.

Hope this helps! (shrug)

Just in from dinner out with friends. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Will be posting goodies thru the night. Should be some good stuff (thumbs u

Some high end, some low end... Pretty much a bit of everything! Will start the listings within the hour.

Thanks!

John (thumbs u

:censored::censored::frustrated: having 'issues" with scanning... Not sure if it's the scanner or my hard drive??? It seems to scan, but cannot save the file! Guess I'll have to get out my 'techie hat" and start troubleshooting!

I'll get 'er done! guess the "sales" thread is going to have to wait. A shame, as I'd pulled a lot of decent stuff to let go @ decent prices!!! doh!

I'll get it fixed and get to posting some goodies ASAP! Good thing I just bought an extra back-up drive. First thing is to back everything up! Thinking a corrupt drive. If any other techies may think they know the issue, please feel free to weigh in.

Never fails... doh!

:censored::censored::frustrated: having 'issues" with scanning... Not sure if it's the scanner or my hard drive??? It seems to scan, but cannot save the file! Guess I'll have to get out my 'techie hat" and start troubleshooting!

See if you can update the driver. Failing that, uninstall and reinstall the software. If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

I'll get 'er done! guess the "sales" thread is going to have to wait. A shame, as I'd pulled a lot of decent stuff to let go @ decent prices!!! doh!

You could post a list... :foryou:

See if you can update the driver. Failing that, uninstall and reinstall the software. If that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

You could post a list... :foryou:

Hey, thanks man (thumbs u

Corrupted drive :(

I've spent the day backing all up and swapping in a new drive... ALMOST ready to go! I just need to install a few more programs and then the printer/scanner and HOPE I have the disk! If not, pretty sure I can find the software on line. I just PRAY it's the same as i have been using as I have all the settings down to a science :wishluck:

Again, thanks for the tips (thumbs u

I hope to get some books up tonight! If not tonight, definitely ready to go first thing tomorrow. I am hoping on some tonight though... give the late niters something to look at!

John (thumbs u

PS: dropped the price on the Planet... $200 is a good price for that copy. Sweet book!

Couldn't find disc and software found SUCKS! I can't get the scans to look proper :frustrated:

Been working at this thing for about 10 hours! NEED a break before MY hard drive corrupts!

HUMP DAY tomorrow... Which will mean good deals and lots of books to catch up for the 2 "lost" days!

Sorry folks... Hopefully there'll be something for someone starting tomorrow!

For those waiting in "PM Land", as soon as I can, the scans of books will come forthwith!

Again, thanks!

John :sorry: