• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i'm selling a Famous Funnies a carnival of comics #1 1933 comic

71 posts in this topic

It seems pretty obvious this guy isn't coming back. I'm surprised this spam is still here.

sorry, i have a job.

thanks for the advice ladies. i'll see if it sells, if not...i'm gonna get it graded. and then sell it.

now transplant...you're right, i probably won't be back.

cheers!

Don't leave. We want to hear about these mythical comic shops who graded this a VF.

It seems pretty obvious this guy isn't coming back. I'm surprised this spam is still here.

sorry, i have a job.

thanks for the advice ladies. i'll see if it sells, if not...i'm gonna get it graded. and then sell it.

cheers!

Don't leave. We want to hear about these mythical comic shops who graded this a VF.

Good thing I don't have a job so I can post here all day long. :insane:

P.S. I was not factoring the envelope into the price. Personally, I would pay at least $300 for just the envelope only.

and then send the envelope off for a pressing. it's guys like you that will be the death of the hobby.

Hey, hey, whose side are you on!!! hm:baiting:

You're right, what was I thinking!?

After this...

cheers!

I say, sell it to Esquire Comics for $150!

sorry, i have a job.

cheers!

Yeah, I don' think you should let that statement go without asking to back it up- as the lawyers like to say "it goes to credibility, your honor".

I believe everyone is trying to provide unbiased information and honest opinions to OP. Obviously, there's some experienced collectors here, who collect and own these early PA/GA titles, so would know demand.

Grade: Based on the spine wear and creases on cover, I'd guess this is around a 4.0 to 4.5 copy, maybe 5.0.

Value: This book can sell at guide, but tends to sell under guide, even with the recent reductions in guide (Fine: 39th OSPG $2400 & 41st OSPG $1623).

It's a really cool book and one I hope to own one day - hope you get a good price. Maybe, check Heritage for some recent sales.

if CGC notes this as the second comic, what do they note as the first?

Funnies-on-Parade.jpg

BTW, ever see this?

116442.jpg

(worship) Heard of it, but never seen one in person! That is one cool and extremely rare book - even though there's another on ebay, OSPG still doesn't have a value!

Contents are Funnies on Parade. Interesting point about it being released around Christmas. Anyone know what part of year regular FoP was released?

if CGC notes this as the second comic, what do they note as the first?

Funnies-on-Parade.jpg

BTW, ever see this?

116442.jpg

(worship) Heard of it, but never seen one in person! That is one cool and extremely rare book - even though there's another on ebay, OSPG still doesn't have a value!

Contents are Funnies on Parade. Interesting point about it being released around Christmas. Anyone know what part of year regular FoP was released?

This is from memory so I may be wrong, but there was a discussion about the chronology of some of the early books here a few years. I believe someone stated that the content of FoP was all April strips, so presumably it must have been published shortly thereafter. It would be interesting to date the content of other 1933 Eastern books, Carnival, Century, and Skippy's to at least get a terminus post quem for their publication.

i changed the auction up a bit. thanks for giving this post over 900 views ;)

FAMOUS FUNNIES A Carnival of Comics #1 1933 SUPER RARE w/ ORIG. ENVELOPE!! FN+

no reserve, lowered the buy it now...

doh!

It isn't going to sell for $3,199.

BTW, this honks me off. You do have a "reserve". The "reserve" is $3,199.

Do yourself a favor. Get the book slabbed and send it to Heritage.

P.S. I was not factoring the envelope into the price. Personally, I would pay at least $300 for just the envelope only.

and then send the envelope off for a pressing. it's guys like you that will be the death of the hobby.

It's guys like me who "will be the death of the hobby"?

Exactly who are "guys like [me]"? :popcorn: