• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i'm selling a Famous Funnies a carnival of comics #1 1933 comic

71 posts in this topic

thought i'd let you know. see the ebay listing...

5 day auction, get it...CGC it...be psyched. buy it now is super low, valued at over $10,000 UNGRADED!!

CGC census lists 41 graded, only 7 in as good condition as this one...SUPER RARE, and it comes with the ORIGINAL ENVELOPE!! unheard of!!!

FAMOUS FUNNIES A Carnival of Comics #1 1933 one-shot SUPER RARE w/ ORIG. ENVELOPE!! HOLY

thought i'd let you know. see the ebay listing...

5 day auction, get it...CGC it...be psyched. buy it now is super low, valued at over $10,000 UNGRADED!!

CGC census lists 41 graded, only 7 in as good condition as this one...SUPER RARE, and it comes with the ORIGINAL ENVELOPE!! unheard of!!!

FAMOUS FUNNIES A Carnival of Comics #1 1933 one-shot SUPER RARE w/ ORIG. ENVELOPE!! HOLY

Nothing says 'buy me' quite as well as 'CGC it' in an eBay listing.

Except maybe for CAPITAL LETTERS AND EXCLAMATION MARKS!!! meh

It is an awesome and historically important book, that's for sure. (thumbs u

VF? No comment.

My copy:

FamousFunnies.jpg

:applause: That is a great looking book.

And it's nice to see an owner who appreciates a treasure like this enough to keep it for many years.

If valued at $10K, why don't you CGC it yourself and sell it for $10K?
-Because that would involve the hassle of sending it to CGC, not to mention the extreme likelihood that the book will NOT grade that high, or is restored, in which case, the seller can't get some unsuspecting rube to overpay for the book.

VF? No comment.
Closer to VG with that spine damage. Ahhh, raw books on ebay.

Yeah, terribly overgraded, but at least there's big pics so you can see how overgraded it is. The envelope is pretty cool though.

The envelope is what I would want! I would buy that separately.

-Because that would involve the hassle of sending it to CGC, not to mention the extreme likelihood that the book will NOT grade that high, or is restored, in which case, the seller can't get some unsuspecting rube to overpay for the book.

"Overgraded" yes but "Restored"? It's got the original mailer, as well as extremely obvious and easily repairable defects like spine splits and tears. All of which indicates it is neither high grade nor restored. An "unsuspecting rube" would have to ignore the obvious defects and be completely unaware of how this book compares to other books graded (not just by CGC but by anyone) at 7.5. So, the unsuspecting rube who thinks this rare book would get a high grade in a slab would be about as clueless as... well, as a guy who would pay too much for a common book just because it's in a high grade slab.

if it doesn't sell, i'm going too. i'm not a professional grader, but i've taken it to two shops and a local collector and they all called it "very fine" or very fine + or -. but yeah, if it doesn't sell, i'll probably get it graded. and hopefully not get disappointed. what do you think it would grade at? cause i looked at a few 2.0 and 4.0 and a 7.5...and this book was in just as good shape as the 7.5. much much better than the 2 or 4.

and caps sell on eBay. hahaha. whatever

and its definitely not restored. its been inside that envelope for about 80+ years. pretty wild.

and i looked it up here... Comics Price Guide value

WOW!

what would you say it's worth?

if it doesn't sell, i'm going too. i'm not a professional grader, but i've taken it to two shops and a local collector and they all called it "very fine" or very fine + or -. but yeah, if it doesn't sell, i'll probably get it graded. and hopefully not get disappointed. what do you think it would grade at? cause i looked at a few 2.0 and 4.0 and a 7.5...and this book was in just as good shape as the 7.5. much much better than the 2 or 4.

I would predict a 5.0 2c

and caps sell on eBay. hahaha. whatever

and its definitely not restored. its been inside that envelope for about 80+ years. pretty wild.

and i looked it up here... Comics Price Guide value

WOW!

what would you say it's worth?

I can't imagine any experienced collector or shop giving that book a grade

anywhere near VF. The spine damage appears pretty extensive. The good

news is that it is a wonderful book, good luck with the sale.