• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2012 - It's Never to Early, Oct 11-14

486 posts in this topic

I will make this my first ever NY show and I will be bringing a massive Silver and Golden age collection that I'm sure to discover just days before the show.

All of the dealers will scarf them up before the doors open so all I will have for the public will be my $1 comics.

That is my report and I'm sticking to it.

Now if someone wants to start a 2013 NYCC thread I'll predict what I will do for that show also.

New York is work. Plus, it's a double edged sword. I get to see most of my friends, but we are all too busy and too tired to get together. I am usually wondering on the way home why I even went.

However, as far as cities go, it is one of my favorites.

New York is work. Plus, it's a double edged sword. I get to see most of my friends, but we are all too busy and too tired to get together. I am usually wondering on the way home why I even went.

However, as far as cities go, it is one of my favorites.

It certainly was a grind. How does San Diego Con compare? Is it as crowded as NYCC this year? I really want to go to that one because I assume there will be tons more celebrities.

New York was more crowded than San Diego this year, but San Diego is effectively a weeks worth of work as opposed to four days. I like New York City more than San Diego as far as cities go. Plus, I froze my off in San Diego. However, I'll do it again if Dale wants my services. I did find some nice books in SD.

New York was more crowded than San Diego this year, but San Diego is effectively a weeks worth of work as opposed to four days. I like New York City more than San Diego as far as cities go. Plus, I froze my off in San Diego. However, I'll do it again if Dale wants my services. I did find some nice books in SD.

So you're comparing the amount of work from a business perspective, as opposed to just an attendee?

I was just a fan trying to get signatures, and sketches and stuff. And even that was a grind for me lol

I imagine the next ones will be easier since I'm more familiar with how things work. Hopefully there will be a next one.