• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie Wrightson Appreciation Thread

287 posts in this topic

He is a super cool guy! Last year when he came to Dallas I picked up a few sketches from him and he even drew a zombie bunny for my wife for free! I hope he comes back to Texas this year.

Sorry for the low res pics...

Monster%20-%20Bernie%20Wrightson%20-%2011x17.JPG

He is a nice guys. He's been at almost every So. Cal convention I went to last year, but he's not listed at Long Beach or Wonder Con so far this year and I just finally got my final Swamp Thing and Batman: The Cult books I needed signed!

Was able to pick up a prelim OA from him last year at LBCC.

I picked this one up last month. This has got to be one of my favorite covers. I absolutely love the image, just something really dreadful about it. Plus you know the girl is toast. Those four guys will totally catch her and when they do...

Why, it'll be nothing but brains and large intestines.

HoS106.jpg

This is a collection of prose stories inspired by the House of Mystery comic. The first volume is fairly easy to find, and the cover was recently used for Back Issue magazine #52.

HouseofMystery1.jpg

I hope it's cool to show a couple of the interior pics.

This werewolf and damsel showed up as a variant cover for the HoM relaunch a few years back.

BWsketchbookinterior1.jpg

And here's another cool werewolf. Man, this one really blows my mind. What a great use of light and shadow!

BWsketchbookinterior2.jpg

That's all for now.

This is a collection of prose stories inspired by the House of Mystery comic. The first volume is fairly easy to find, and the cover was recently used for Back Issue magazine #52.

HouseofMystery1.jpg

:cloud9:

This is a gorgeous cover, Too bad they couldn't have used this for one of the actual issues. Maybe replace the cover to 214, which, IMHO, is a real eyesore.

Volume two is much, much harder to find. This one's in minty-mint condition.

HouseofMystery2.jpg

Both of these books have several B&W illos by Wrightson inside.

Wow, another nice one.

Picked this raw book up for $65 from a dealer that had it listed as a 7-8.0 at Boston Comic Con where Bernie was at. Just got it back today, i'm pretty happy with the results

swampthingss1o.jpg

swampthingss2.jpg

I'm developing a real appreciation for those Swamp Thing books. Before I was like, meh Swamp Thing. But I recently purchased them on Comixology and read the story for the first 10 issues. It's a great series and I think it's a bit overlooked.

It's interesting that the stories differ slightly in plot points and names between HoS92 and ST1. I never read the issues so never picked up on that.

:tonofbricks:

Yes, I know I'm posting these everywhere. :whee:

My first Sig Series submission...

Tied with one other book at high SS on the census...

wrightson01.jpg

My first ever copy of a grail I have wanted forever...

wrightson02.jpg

The lone highest SS book on the census...

wrightson03.jpg

:whee: