• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie Wrightson Appreciation Thread

287 posts in this topic

like you said though it's hardly a bad cover, he seems like a really nice guy too, there's a youtube video of him drawing at a con and in the picture he draws he hold his sharpie like a paintbrush, i doubt his finished work is done in that method

Got Bernie to sign a few books this weekend for me.

you sending them off to cgc? what did you get?

i should be getting my Swamp Thing #9 8.5 signed by Bernie soon

Hulk 197

House of Mystery 195

2 copies JLA 138

these belonged to my dad, from when he was younger. They're pretty beat, but I was pretty happy to get them signed and meet a favorite artist of my dad. My dad was happy to see the comics, but mostly indifferent haha.

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

I just picked up Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein adaptation of Mary Shelly's book put out by Dark Horse.

I bought it for my oldest daughter as a birthday gift, and it's utterly beautiful. It's big, printed with a linen lined hardcover and it's very high quality...and not every expensive at all. I think sticker price was $29 or so.

I'd highly recommend it in case someone out there has not read this story yet with Bernie's illustrations.