• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Amazing spider-man #122 please

18 posts in this topic

It looks like a pretty big crease on the back cover, starting about 1/4 of the way up the spine and going down and to the left. There's also a smaller crease at the top of the back cover. I'd say VF-, probably. Great eye appeal on the front though.

Ouch, the back cover hurts.

VF- again.

Looks VF+ from the front.

What do you see on the front cover that keeps the book out of the 9.2 to 9.4 range? I can see some non-color breaking stress lines but NOT ONE that even breaks color on the black line. I have many CGC books in the 9.2-9.4 range that show more stress lines than this book.

The book might only grade an 8.0 because of the back cover, but I could see it grading as high as 9.0 if there are no color breaks (i.e. creasing that could be completely pressed out).

Ouch, the back cover hurts.

VF- again.

Looks VF+ from the front.

What do you see on the front cover that keeps the book out of the 9.2 to 9.4 range? I can see some non-color breaking stress lines but NOT ONE that even breaks color on the black line. I have many CGC books in the 9.2-9.4 range that show more stress lines than this book.

The book might only grade an 8.0 because of the back cover, but I could see it grading as high as 9.0 if there are no color breaks (i.e. creasing that could be completely pressed out).

Just my opinion... confused-smiley-013.gif

Since I seem to be grading one notch lower than most maybe I should apply for a job at CGG?

shocked.gif27_laughing.gif

Hello (yes, it's another day here) and again thanks to all for their help.

I must admit that i think this is one of the best looking 7.5 comic i own.

Maybe it'll fetch 8.0 a good day at CGC, but this crease on the back cover is awful.

Like the asm #121, i bought this one as a NM.

small water stain on bottom middle of back cover is death knell for this comic - respectfully downgraded to F 7.0.

CAL hi.gif