• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why That One?

1 post in this topic

Collecting other than what I collect.

I asked Stephen from World Wide Comics to bring three books with him to the NYCC for me. I chose each of them for different reasons. The first book was Marvel Team Up Annual #6. I think it is safe to say that anyone who has been following me knows why I picked this book up, not to mention it has a good story too.

The second book, also by Marvel, is Uncanny X-men #200. This story against Magneto for crimes against humanity has a great cover of him in shackles. I do enjoy the X-men and feel that there is entirely too many for me to get so I am limiting myself to certain issues and #200 fits somewhere in the middle.

The third was Action Comics #507.

World Wide Comics was my first stop for comics (I had to see Brad Guigar from Evil Inc. First). I said Hello to Stephen and after returning my greeting he mentioned we had a problem Apparently since I didn't purchase the books off the site that someone one else purchased one of the three. Due to my misunderstanding since I did place an order off the site just not the three that he was bringing with me. he one that was purchased was the one I put the most thought into getting, Action #507

He brought the book with him and was giving me first crack at it. I passed. I do want the book, but I am patient and I didn't want to cause any problems with the person who purchased the book of the website. I could have been selfish and said I wanted it and would most likely have if it was one of the other books.

Stephen has given me lots of help completing my New Mutants Collection that I didn't want any animosity between a buyer and him. Apparently i surprised Stephen with wanting that book. He even asked me why since it was outside anything and everything that i have ever purchased from him. I answered telling him about the book and what it meant to me but for the journal I will answer "pure nostalgia".

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

9633.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb