• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con 2012

437 posts in this topic

Uhh...

Boardie dinner? Can you give me any info on this?

Jerome

It's my understanding that every year, a group of boardies gets together at a restaurant to socialize and meet each other. I couldn't make it last year, but I actually wound up having dinner with my mom and sister at the same restaurant at the same time as them. Go figure doh!

Cool.

I usually have IT business to do up in Seattle with our remote employees and work it out to stay at the (IIRC) 6th Ave. Hotel that is like a 10 min. walk to the convention center. I'll keep this thread handy when its 'go time' :)

Trying to convince Branget to attend as well. We should all send him PM's about it lol

EDIT: They re-did their website and it looks great.

Jerome

Uhh...

Jerome

It's my understanding that every year, a group of boardies gets together at a restaurant to socialize and meet each other. I couldn't make it last year, but I actually wound up having dinner with my mom and sister at the same restaurant at the same time as them. Go figure doh!

you need to move out of your mothers basement!

Uhh...

Jerome

you need to move out of your mothers basement!

Did you move out when you were 16? (shrug)

Anyone know of a good hotel right close to the convention centre? I will be bringing three friends along and we're gonna need a couple of rooms. lol
Why don't you just stay at the Roosevelt or the Paramont hotels? The R is 0.5 block away and the P is one block away. I'm staying at the P because it's was recently renovated.

Greg, is the Roosevelt the one where the boardie dinner was held last year? If so, I'm likely staying there. I really liked that place!
No, the boardie dinner wasn't held at any hotel last year. It's close by though.

Uhh...

Jerome

Is your sister hot? :devil:

Greg, is the Roosevelt the one where the boardie dinner was held last year? If so, I'm likely staying there. I really liked that place!
No, the boardie dinner wasn't held at any hotel last year. It's close by though.

Last year was at the Metropolitan Grill. I suggest a less expensive venue this year.

Last year was at the Metropolitan Grill. I suggest a less expensive venue this year.

That was expensive? (shrug)

That was expensive? (shrug)

...Von's Martini Bar on Pine next to the Roosevelt,...they have private rooms available,...it's a pretty hot place on weekends,...

VONS

...or fox's sport grill around the corner is pretty reasonable too,....Metropolitan Grill is a little pricey,...

+1 My hotel was part of the same building. I'm good with wherever you guys want to go!