• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con 2012

437 posts in this topic

lol Isn't it usually the other way around?

Probably....

At least I will be able to pick up a sketch or two... Who is everyone getting sketches from? She emailed me the list a month or so ago and told me, : your going to Seattle with me for the con :

I gave the list a once over but did not see much I could get done for sketches. I know she will be taking 30+ Grimm fairy tales books for ebas to sign.

Eric, if your reading this.... You have been warned.

Then again, I guess she could have a expensive shoe habit, so it could be worse!

Is everyone going to be going to the full 3 days? I have never been to ECC, so don't know how large the show is or how much there will be to do.

Cheers,

Troy

You need at least 1.5 days at Emerald City, as some of the artist/inkers u may want OA or sketches from will not show up until Sat. morning. Their 3 day attendance is close to 20k now which makes it the largest comicon in Pacific NW by far. Super-crowded on Sat. :frustrated: but aisles are quite wide.

Mr. Sulu is also added to the guest list, if you're into that sort of thing that is :)

I vote for the less expensive Von's restaurant, last to show pays the bill! :devil: j/k

My boss is gonna be out that week and I can't get Friday off so now my chances of a Moore sketch have dropped dramatically :( I may stay until Sunday, but only until I know if I'll be able to get a Moore sketch or not *sigh*

Jerome

Peoples, Who is everyone getting sketches from?

Or should I say.... Who should I be getting Sketches from!? :)

Got books to acquire. Current hit list is

Clay Mann

Tony Moore

Sara Richard

and Bruce Tim

But I know I gotta be missing peoples.

The place was called the Daily Grill and it is on 7th right across from the washington state convention center it was like $200 but worth it (3 of us no drinks)

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE ECCC 2012~!~

Good news/bad news on that .Troy.

Good news Randy charges depending on what you want done. I have a nice simple pencil Venom sketch he did last year for like $35. I think it's up to $50-$60 for full color. He's a genuinely nice guy and lives in PDX :D

As for Moore, thats the bad news...he charges $200/sketch. AND he does a drawing during the first 30 minutes of the Con for probably like 4 or 5 sketches (not sure on the number). But he will be there all 3 days. I wish I could go on Friday just for this reason! :frustrated:

Also, make sure when you pick up the sketches that you grab an on site CGC guy to witness the artist giving you the sketch and/or signed book. So there you have it.

Jerome

Mike Allred would be great to see and buy some art from.

Adam Warren and Matt Wagner too.

I don't recall Allred having any published OA for sale when I saw him before at Portland, OR comicon. Adam Warren had :headbang: OA for sale at SDCC July/11 so will hopefully bring some to Emerald City. Matt Wagner seemed to be doing more sketches with watercolor added.

Good news Randy charges depending on what you want done. I have a nice simple pencil Venom sketch he did last year for like $35. I think it's up to $50-$60 for full color. He's a genuinely nice guy and lives in PDX :D

As for Moore, thats the bad news...he charges $200/sketch. AND he does a drawing during the first 30 minutes of the Con for probably like 4 or 5 sketches (not sure on the number). But he will be there all 3 days. I wish I could go on Friday just for this reason! :frustrated:

Also, make sure when you pick up the sketches that you grab an on site CGC guy to witness the artist giving you the sketch and/or signed book. So there you have it.

Jerome

Tony told me to spread the word he will not be doing sketch covers anymore.

Jerome

Tony told me to spread the word he will not be doing sketch covers anymore.

Seriously? That really bums me out if this is true. :taptaptap:

Jerome