• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Golden Age Sci-Fi covers!
2 2

591 posts in this topic

Resurecting this thread!

Sci-Fi needs more love... I mean if "pre-code purchases" can be stickied to the top of this thread, then Sci-Fi should at least have an up to date thread!

Here are my two most recent purchases from this months CLINK auction

Journey into Unknown Worlds #37 (#2)

Great Bill Everett cover, and has one of my favorite outer space misnomers, being in open space with exposed skin! (he has short sleeves on, she has a skirt).

PD9Z9r8.jpg

Planet Comics #73

Far and away my favorite Planet Comics cover. Looks so ahead of its time. Like something that I'd expect Steranko to draw.

5edmCl3.jpg

Planet Comics #73

Far and away my favorite Planet Comics cover. Looks so ahead of its time. Like something that I'd expect Steranko to draw.

5edmCl3.jpg

To me looks like something Dave Stevens would have drawn, but I always thought Stevens' art style was RETRO, a continuation of an illustrative school started by Foster and followed by Williamson, Frazetta, Jimmy Thompson (at his best), etc., that ended up falling by the wayside as more cartoony art became dominant in the major publishers of the 60s (Kirby, Ditkco, Swan etc.).

Resurecting this thread!

Sci-Fi needs more love... I mean if "pre-code purchases" can be stickied to the top of this thread, then Sci-Fi should at least have an up to date thread!

Everett & Whitman. Doesn't get much better! :applause:

Resurecting this thread!

Great Bill Everett cover, and has one of my favorite outer space misnomers, being in open space with exposed skin! (he has short sleeves on, she has a skirt).

PD9Z9r8.jpg

Planet Comics #73

5edmCl3.jpg

Looked at that 71 last night looks great with nice pq.Nice Pickup!

On 1/24/2014 at 11:36 AM, miraclemet said:

Resurecting this thread!

http://i.imgur.com/PD9Z9r8.jpg

Planet Comics #73

http://i.imgur.com/5edmCl3.jpg

I don’t know if my top favorite, but easy in my top 5. The colors on that one (if accurate) are mind blowing. This is a case where a clean solid FH with killer color, blows away a higher grade copy with weak color. 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

I don’t know if my top favorite, but easy in my top 5. The colors on that one (if accurate) are mind blowing. This is a case where a clean solid FH with killer color, blows away a higher grade copy with weak color. 

Thanks. (thumbsu The scan of the book has not been modified. I had searched for this book off and on for at least 6 years before finding this copy.