• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressman X-Men

86 posts in this topic

I believe the ones with the silver X-men 11 has the picture of the comic on the box.

As far as I can tell, the 297 was only a mail away offer.

I cannot figure out by looking at the other boxes if there is any distinguishing marks regarding whether they include a 303 or a 307, sorry.

The very first, and very few, that were sold had the #297 in them. A greater number had the #303 and less (but more than the #297) had the #307 in it. Each of these had an orange burst with "comic included" on the front of the box. Towards the end, the orange burst had a picture of the silver #11, and that book was included. The very last games distributed had a mail away offer. I think you got what you got in these instances (most of what I've heard have been 303's or 307's).

I picked up a game last year on ebay that had a #297 in it.

I bought the game when it was new and I got a 297. Unfortunately, I cannot remember if it came in the game or not. I've had that comic almost 20 years and for a long time during that, I couldn't even remember where it came from. I used to check Wizard and Overstreet for a price that never showed up...

I still have the box the game came in, but it wasn't obvious from that either if the comic actually came in the box. I believe that it could have, as another boardie pointed out, because I don't recall getting one in the mail. I always thought it was cool to have but it was only several years ago I found out it is one of the rarest modern variants out there!