• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAF - What the hell?

30 posts in this topic

So moments ago, I go to the front page of comicartfans.com and in the CAF Premium Member Auctions on eBay there is listing for WONDER WOMAN: GODDESS RITUAL ebay auction. The image of which depicts Wonder Woman in a pose suggestive of masturbation.

Comments?

But the bottom line is, CAF doesn't actively police what people post. They have rules and guidelines and they expect the literate adults that use the site to follow them.

They ask that premium members don't put NSFW images in their FEATURED ITEMS list so it doesn't randomly pop up on the homepage. But some collectors are either dumb or ignorant or a little from column A and a little from column B. Whataya gonna do?

It's gone now. Maybe CAF caught it.

Found the pic in question from eBay seller "smyles5"

Hopefully he just did a bit of self policing and is tamer auctions can still be featured on CAF. (thumbs u

Personally, that news item from 10.21.2011 still on the front page is what I like seeing the most :whee:

I saw this, it was the image associated to an eBay auction. The front page of CAF has a section that highlights CAF user eBay auctions and the image came from there. When I saw it I wrote to Bill/CAF and asked if they knew what people were seeing when they came to the front page. I don't mind nudity or sexually explicit material but I'm sure Bill wouldn't want the face of his business to highlight items like this.

So moments ago, I go to the front page of comicartfans.com and in the CAF Premium Member Auctions on eBay there is listing for WONDER WOMAN: GODDESS RITUAL ebay auction. The image of which depicts Wonder Woman in a pose suggestive of masturbation.

Comments?

Using Penthouse as references? Not badly rendered but certainly inappropriate. Of course who am I to judge

You never know who will become known. Many moons ago I was cruising artists alley and saw a relatively unknown artist drawing a kick- Vampi. I asked what he charged for commissions, and he said $25. I put myself on his list and paid him. As it turned out, he didn't get to mine, and he said he'd finish it up at home. It took a while for him to get to my commission (this was snail mail days), and by the time he got to mine, he was working on a book for DC. As such, I decided to change my commission from Vampi to the a character from his current book and this was the result:

Commission

You never know who will become known. Many moons ago I was cruising artists alley and saw a relatively unknown artist drawing a kick- Vampi. I asked what he charged for commissions, and he said $25. I put myself on his list and paid him. As it turned out, he didn't get to mine, and he said he'd finish it up at home. It took a while for him to get to my commission (this was snail mail days), and by the time he got to mine, he was working on a book for DC. As such, I decided to change my commission from Vampi to the a character from his current book and this was the result:

Commission

I love, love, love CB's early work. And the fact that you caught him at a show makes me insanely jealous.

Commission

I assume Bachalo was not selling drawings of Vampirella diddling herself, which is what we're specifically taking about here?