• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2017 at 12:18 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yet you list books that are clearly not 9.8s as 9.8s. Why don't you describe books accurately and target those people who do cherish their 9.0s?

You sir, are a blankety-blank-blank! I challenge thee to a duel at 20 paces (at which point even YOUR 9.8s will look like 9.8s, or the drivel you spout!) lol

21 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

This is crazy.

Metal #3 Mattina Variant Set $330 raw

A couple Teen Titans #12 sold for $47 at auction, so now the undercutters are coming in with $25 BIN. Still a good return for a Modern off the shelf.

Teen Titans #12 Rebirth $47

I sold a TT #12 9.8 CGC SS for $180. Sold very fast too. I had multiple offers before it sold for full price within hours of me posting it.

I got a bunch signed, but unfortunately the others came back 9.6 and 9.4. Pressable defects. Ill wait and see if the value goes up and then maybe get another signature on them then get them pressed.

I bought a few sets of the Mattina Metal #3 and a couple of the 9.8 SS Virgin. Im keeping one of the Virgin and am getting all the rest signed. Ill be curious to see how those do. Seems like a hot market for them.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

A couple Teen Titans #12 sold for $47 at auction, so now the undercutters are coming in with $25 BIN. Still a good return for a Modern off the shelf.

TT 12 was selling at 25 BIN well before the auctions finished at 47. That is the current rough BIN market price for the book. As has been proven many times auction and BIN listings on eBay are two entirely different markets. Only undercutting that occurred on TT 12 was when One Stop listed copies on Friday night for 18 shipped and those were quickly sold.

20 hours ago, divad said:

You sir, are a blankety-blank-blank! I challenge thee to a duel at 20 paces (at which point even YOUR 9.8s will look like 9.8s, or the drivel you spout!) lol

I don't call something a 9.8 unless I fully expect it would come back from CGC as a 9.8. If it's on the fence, it's a "9.6 or better." Hell, even when I do have full confidence something is a 9.8, I qualify it (e.g. https://www.ebay.com/itm/152785287149?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649) because you never know what CGC is going to see that you don't.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:06 PM, Obi-Wan said:

Not trying to start trouble I think everyone is making valid points.

...with that said if someone cannot tell the difference between a 9.0 and a 9.6 then they need to do there homework. Grading is subjective only to a certain degree. Just an opinion guys.

I agree wholeheartedly here.  Too often the "subjective" card gets thrown around by sellers/dealers/shops that obviously overgrade, and they know they do.  1 grade off by either party is acceptable to me, but when I buy a "NM" book from an online entity with stock photo and receive an 8.5, that is just complete grading ignorance.

On 11/12/2017 at 7:24 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I’ve got two offers very close to my full asking price for my first copy of 9.8 on eBay right now that I’m mulling over. This book is a marvel, very much following the Divinity 1:40 model

22 minutes ago, .mike said:

TT 12 is the first Batman who laughs

I wonder which one they will consider the first? He was in both dark night metal 2 and teen Titan 12 release on same day. I haven't read tt12 but I know it's more of a full appearance but I think dnm2 is more of an intro? He is on the cover of tt12 though. Neither have it as his first appearance by cgc yet. I've gotten both back from them. 

1 minute ago, kevhtx said:

I wonder which one they will consider the first? He was in both dark night metal 2 and teen Titan 12 release on same day. I haven't read tt12 but I know it's more of a full appearance but I think dnm2 is more of an intro? He is on the cover of tt12 though. Neither have it as his first appearance by cgc yet. I've gotten both back from them. 

Hmmmmmm...moderns seem to be a market that perplexes me.

I see so much stuff selling at such high prices...in such a short and unsure time.

Now I'm not knocking the character or the books and it's my favorite current story arc but 30...40+ for TT12!!??

To me it's unsure but I'm only using this book as a whole example for the general message.

Does The BM that laughs have any sustainability? Will he even be significant after Metal wraps up? 

It's funny really. I bought mine for cover to read and do wish I grabed more now. I would love to make money off these.

My thing is I'm so confused what buyers are doing???

Anyway....cool book. Great Origin! 40.00 lmaooo pfffff nope...just no.

12 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

CGC said they are going to let the market decide first. Capullo said it's Metal. Of course, he's taking the Liefled route promoting his own work, not something someone else did.

Edited by ygogolak

Well, from the look of things, TT 12 seems to be the winner.  DN Metal #2 came out at the same time....and I think you're supposed to read it first.  Surprising the disparity of price ranges for both books.  I would think DN Metal #2 would be a bit warmer....perhaps it's due to being in the main line-up for this event as well as the amount of covers available for that book.  Could simply be dilution....

What does the comic industry at large consider to be a first appearance? 1 panel cameo? A splash across 2 pages at the end of the comic? Or the first issue in which a character appears throughout an entire story? There are several characters that appear by cameo but their 1st appearance is considered to the following issue where they appear throughout the whole story. (i.e. Wolverine, Carnage, Cable,Grail etc.)  TT #12 is hot because Batman who Laughs appears throughout the whole story ( including the cover) and not just on a splash page like at the end of Metal #2.

Edited by kairos70