• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Brock said:
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:42 PM, Lonzilla said:

1st Bloodstone, original and Elsa, one of them will end up in a Marvel movie at some point, I'd bet the house on it.

These make so much sense to me too.

good call, she's (elsa) basically a tomb raider for monsters/horror.  Make it an R-rated comedy with lots of swearing (like Deadpool) and comedic gore/horror, and you've got a hit!

4 hours ago, revat said:

good call, she's (elsa) basically a tomb raider for monsters/horror.  Make it an R-rated comedy with lots of swearing (like Deadpool) and comedic gore/horror, and you've got a hit!

Buy and sell those as you pick them up. No reason to expect a long term (decade) improvement. It's all movie speculation driven.

I found a stack of them not long ago in a $1 box.

9 minutes ago, Lonzilla said:

While on the subject of sitting on copies for the long haul, and continuing to pick them up every time I see them, The Sentry #1 is seeing some movement

There was movie talk for a minute. But, in general this is another good one to pick up and sell. Still find them for $1-3. A true 9.6-9.8 on the other hand is different.

I wouldn't really sit on any of these as you can sell for profit and buy more later for cheap. In most cases.

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

lol Shhhhh... our rehearsing clients have NO CLUE of the treasure hidden at the mezzanine 

that's a rehearsal space?!? i know cutting rooms that don't look that good. congrats on a great space!

apologies all, off topic. 

long boxes! short boxes! ebay prices!

back on track . . . .

17 hours ago, ygogolak said:

There was movie talk for a minute. But, in general this is another good one to pick up and sell. Still find them for $1-3. A true 9.6-9.8 on the other hand is different.

I wouldn't really sit on any of these as you can sell for profit and buy more later for cheap. In most cases.

He just came back to the current Marvel Universe this week so that's fueling it this time. I have sold multiple copies at $15-20 over the last few months and don't expect that to change anytime soon. But yes........I am only keeping one copy. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

17 hours ago, Chazgee said:

that's a rehearsal space?!? i know cutting rooms that don't look that good. congrats on a great space!

apologies all, off topic. 

long boxes! short boxes! ebay prices!

back on track . . . .

Yes it is a thing of beauty. Built in the 70s, vaulted ceiling, acoustic clouds, 2 iso booths, oak parquet floor... the works. We even had a reverb plate and chamber back when it was fashionable.. we built the room when Rock N' Roll City went out of business and we have a lot of material from there still.. our entrance door was the same one that Frank Sinatra walked through back then! 

We took down the control room a decade ago and sold the console since business was bad. Now we're strictly renting monthly rooms and this gorgeous space is rented hourly for practice.. oh and storing my comics

How sad is that 

On 12/5/2017 at 3:29 PM, cd4ever said:

I just have a really hard time believing that a character named Batman Who Laughs can have any kind of serious long term potential.  I also feel the same about Spider-Gwen.  

found both covers of teen titans for 75 cents above cover price for both!

$8.75 total!

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So the question is are you holding or selling now?

I'm a collector, so I'm most likely going to hold on to them...

I don't really sell books unless it's for a friend who owns a store...

What do you think I should do? For discussion purposes, I would appreciate any insight into this manner...

Peace!

On 12/9/2017 at 6:17 PM, fastballspecial said:

If u got two sell one copy to take some profit and keep the other book.

I'm not really into selling my comics yet man haha

Now if I had a triplicate of both covers I'd consider it...

In due time we shall see...

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Comics Feature 20 came out the same month and can be found for under $10 in numerous places (including $4 in G/S/B).

I think the Amazing Heroes book does so well bcs they're on the cover.

I also think it does so well bcs I'm the one that won the cheapest one on that list for $16 ?

9 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I think the Amazing Heroes book does so well bcs they're on the cover.

I also think it does so well bcs I'm the one that won the cheapest one on that list for $16 ?

They're on the cover of CF20 as well. Just not the whole cover (and they use the same image as the GN so eh). I'm pretty sure MCS listing the Amazing Heroes as pre-dating GN4, but not Feature has a lot to do with it. 

741713.jpg

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!